• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Item - Strut Rod and LCA in one

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackford

Reaction score
My Car
Owner of Pacific Thunder Performance Engineering. Maker of suspension, chassis and steering parts for all vintage mustangs. Have 65 FB mustang fully restomodded with 331 and T5z drivetrain
The following link goes to a blog post I made on our website today. I've finally completed a prototype of combined LCA and strut rod. I'm struggling with the name so if you have suggestions i'd like to hear about it. It's been about 9 months since I first thought about this product. I vacillated back and forth with the design, but this one looks like a winner. There a still a few things to work out, but it's close. I'm hoping that we go into production in July. The blog is about the 65/66 Mustang version, but there will be a version that will fit later Mustangs as well.

There are similar products out there but my price will not be anywhere as high...probably in the $475 per pair range. If you try to buy aftermarket strut rods and LCAs separately, you'll pay more...even for our stuff and I try to keep our prices reasonable let alone other vendors who are higher.

I'd like to hear your feedback!

PTP Engineering Link New Product Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! When I finally get to the point of needing to replace the front end components, I'd buy a set!

That's quite a good design and should sell. Only question I have is how do you grease the front turnbuckle? It will be exposed to the elements, road grime and dirt which would cause it to wear prematurely..Just a thought.

That's quite a good design and should sell. Only question I have is how do you grease the front turnbuckle? It will be exposed to the elements, road grime and dirt which would cause it to wear prematurely..Just a thought.
The rod end is a self lubricating teflon lined rod end. The turnbuckle is greased with silver anti-sieze compound when it is assembled. The hardware from the turnbuckle forward is essentially the same hardware that is used in our adjustable strut rods.

Years ago, I had TCP adjustable strut rods on my personal car and I remember them seizing up on me after less than a year. I am always sure to use anti-sieze on threaded joints from that experience.

Back