New member helping finish my parents Sprint(original owners)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72sprint302

Reaction score
My Car
1972 mustang sprint 302 auto notch back
Hey everyone!   My mom bought this Sprint brand New back in 1972.   It is currently being restored with the interior being 95% redone, the engine and transmission out for a rebuild (after a small engine fire), then we just have the paint left.

Original specs:

Coupe

302/auto

no AC

blue vinyl top

4 wheel drum brakes

-blue hub caps

Upgrades

-The interior is mostly original with an added middle console and CD changer working off of a stock style radio

-My dad wanted to upgrade the wheels and tires, so now it has a 15" set of Crager S/S wheels and 275 tires in the rear

-Transmission is built back stock

-Engine rebuild has a thumper cam, ported and shaved heads, slightly more compression, an aluminum intake, and a 4 barrel carb.  also bigger wires, and a few other dress up things.

-Exhaust is a true dual exhaust setup with flowmaster mufflers.

-The repaint will not include a Vinyl roof and we may add the small decals on the rear quarters that were never installed on this car.

Right now, I am having to redo some wiring after the fire and install the fresh engine/transmission.  Getting excited about finally seeing it run well, since they have been restoring it for many years.

I will post some pictures soon!

Thanks everyone. Not too much to look at yet as it is in white primer mostly, but body work is straight and interior is beautiful!

I'll grab some pictures this weekend as I'm finishing up the wiring for him then!

Sorry for the delay!  I promise better pictures once I get her outside.

I have gotten some things done though!!! ::thumb::

-new throttle cable

-wiring repaired

-interior cleaned

-engine compartment painted

-engine/tranny rebuilt and installed and mounted.

-engine accessories, driveshaft, exhaust this weekend and hopefully we can get it running!

Wish us luck! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That thing is so sweet, I really dig those seats. How's it coming along?

Back