New member here

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Denmark.. :) Thanks for sharing your history, you have a lot of Mustangs and you has just entered the right place to talk about them, very nice.. Sounds like a nice collection of Mustangs.. What exactly did you order that Mach 1 with? Cool that you bought it from new and stills have it!
Daniel,

They told me I was crazy when I ordered the car and said they would sell me any LTD on the lot for less. When I said the mustangs would be worth something one day they all laughed.

This is what is on the window sticker.

Mustang Mach 1, Trim Rings W/Hub Caps, Dual Racing Mirrors, Competition Suspension, Color keyed Carpeting, All – Vinyl Bucket Seats.

351 CID 4V 8 Cylinder

Tutone Hood Paint

Ginger ¾ vinyl Roof

Four – Speed Manual Transmission With Hurst Shifter

Traction – Lok Differential

4 – F70 X 14 Wide Oval Belted BSW Tires / Raised White Ltrs Goodyear Brand Name Tires

Rear Deck Spoiler

Convenience Group

Power Steering

Tilt Steering Wheel

Leather – Wrapped Steering Wheel

Sport Deck – Rear Seat With 1 – F78 X 14 Space Saver Spare

Console

Power Front Disc Brakes

Front Color – Keyed Floor Mats

Air Conditioner – Selectaire

Electric Rear Window Defroster

Sterosonic Tape System

AM Radio

Interval Windshield Wipers

Mach 1 Sports Interior Option

Deluxe Belts

Tinted Glass – Complete

Power Side Windows

Forged Aluminum Wheels

Rear Bumper Guards

10 Gallons Gas

The invoice that I still have is for $5,203.92 I have never seen another mustang that cost more except the newer ones. The base dealer price for a Mach 1 was only $2,624.00 so the options almost equaled the cost of the base car.

What do you have in Denmark? Never been there been to Germany a few times but no long stays there. I do have a German model T-5 72 Mach 1 that a friend of mine wrecked and I bought to keep from crushing but seems nobody wants them and it is a Q car 4 speed.

Have a great day got to eat my dinner.

David
Wow, that's a lot of options, very nice. That's a rare car you got and so cool that you still are the owner.

I just have a standard 73' Sportsroof, originally born with a 302-2v. This is a project that I'm restoring into a Pro-Touring car with some modern touches to the electrical, suspension, some mods to the body and to the driveline. I'm building a 6.4L stroker windsor for it that should make around 500hp on the engine when I'm done.. This is a slow build because it's very expensive to build a car like that here in Denmark, the problem is that I have to get every part from America and that can get very expensive with shipping taxes and duties.. :) You can see my build tread in the ''Individual project build tread and blog" section.. Take a look at it.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[attachment=29171][attachment=29172][attachment=29173]

Welcome to the forum from Ontario Canada. Very impressive list of options and cars!

What are your plans for the T-5?
It is sinking into the ground. There seemed to be no interest when I bought it back in 1975. It needed a front clip to fix he hit a steel pole while racing a Camaro. It was blue with blue Mach 1 sports interior, console, fold down seat, front and rear spoiler and rear window defogger, gages and if I remember correct air, p.s., p.b..

Still has the export sticker on the drivers door I think a DSO of 90.

Never got a Marti to see where it was sold but a Army Sargent brought it home with him. I have a friend that has a 65 fastback T-5 that I painted in 1974 for him before most people knew what they were. It had the owners manual from Germany in glove box and he bought it for $800.00 back then. I have some NOS 65 / 66 and 71 - 72- 73 T-5 emblems packed up somewhere. I think a few hubcaps also. I took the engine, trans and rear out of the T-5 but have them.

If interested I attached a couple pics I had.

David

Welcome to the site, from Derby NY. I am a retired tool & Die guy from the Ford (Buffalo) Stamping Plant I had over 38 years there. Went through a 4year apprentice program in the 70's. We use to build dies for other plants including some of Europe's plants. Seen a lot of changes over the years from laying out by center lines and hand grinding using plaster molds...

to computer designs and computers running machines of today. Less hands on today..
I started my apprenticeship in 1968 with Square D Company. Even back then we built everything to the numbers from designs using Moore Jig Bore and Jig Grinders and EDM. When I went to the Automotive side I was a die cast engineer and could not believe how crude the automotive style tooling was then.

I went to work at Husqvarna plant where they built lawn equipment and tillers as engineering manager and got them to change their way of tooling to what we did in the electrical and made big gains in their profits because everything lasted much longer and they had really high volume, 5.000 riding mowers a day and 20,000 push mowers with a 1,000 or so tillers thrown in.

Then I went to automotive stamping and gradually got the place I was with to change and now they do the same. We supplied Ford for years until Ford decided we were too small and they quit letting us quote so we told them to come and get their tooling because of all the give backs you could not make any money. We made parts for Town car, Mark, econoline made the whole front floor assembly with dash and dog house, mustang, cougar, t-bird, crown vic, mercury grand marc, Taurus, sable, ranger, F series pretty much anything they needed. When they loaded the dies out it took over 200 trucks to clear them out.

Yes tooling has changed a lot. My last job was engineering manager at tool shop in China. They can do tooling so much faster and the shop I was at used good steels and castings. They could get to 90% way faster than the U.S. just struggled getting that last 10% but they get better with each job. We were doing a bunch of DP for GM when I left. I saw one Honda project for sun roof frame go to press first hit and be in the +90 PIST panels.

I brought back some money from China I did not sent it over to them.

I have a 1950 ford from a barn in Buffalo has 16,000 miles on it with original tires.

Stay warm will talk more I am sure.

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Illinois.

Welcome to the forum from Ontario Canada. Very impressive list of options and cars!

What are your plans for the T-5?
Since I am new to this place I just stumbled back into my first post and saw your question about the T-5. I actually do not plan on restoring it. It is getting in bad shape but would make a great car. It even had the rear window defrost. It was blue with deluxe interior, fold down, Q code 4 speed. It is pretty much taken apart I put the parts in plastic and in the barn to give a little protection. I attached a pic of the door tag but not very good don't know if you can read or not. I understood a sergeant in the U.S. Army brought it back after his tour in Germany. I have been told they would ship the car for you for $1.00. I know they are rare here a friend has a 65 fastback T-5. I have a few NOS T-5 parts, emblems and hub caps.

I would have to get the title also never bothered but I am sure I can do so. I think it had like 35,000 miles on it when crashed.

David

Back