New member - Hi there

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

73Adrian

Reaction score
My Car
Looking to buy a 71-73 Mach 1 Mustang
Hi, I'm Adrian.

Found this forum while looking for details on the 71-73 mach 1's.

I'm looking to buy one. I'm in Australia. Not in a huge rush though, as I have quite a few toys/projects that I'd need to dispose of first.

Have been noticing for a while that I'm just not making use of my stuff, so a nice Mach 1 would prob be a good alternative. I also have daughters, so dirt karting, offroad racing, 4wd'ing, motorbikes etc is a solo pursuit.

I have spotted a 73 Mach 1 351 4v, with the twist bonnet releases, yet to have a good look inside/underneath.

What to look for/avoid advice would be good.

Thanks.

::welcome:: from Bundaberg Australia. plenty of us Aussies on the site. We even got a few yanks they mostly good folks :D. have fun lots of help and info to be had here

Welcome to the site from Virginia. Sounds like the Aussies are trying to take the site over; just kidding, the more the merrier!

We have a great bunch of members here and you will find plenty of inspiration and advice.

Hi Adrian and ::welcome:: to the forum from Luxembourg, Europe.

Lots of Australians here, so you´ll blend in nicely. :)

G'day to ya ! from northeast Florida !

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Adrian from Bendigo, Vic. ::welcome::

The good news is that you can pick up a 71 - 73 fastback in Australia for about half what the earlier fastbacks go for. Look out for rust in the usual areas like cowl, floors, sub-frames, boot floor, shock towers etc.

My car is an ex-California unrestored (cosmetic restoration only) 99% rust free car so it is possible to still find good ones after all this time.

Hi Adrian,

and Welcome from Brisbane, Australia.

Best of luck to getting a good condition Mustang for yourself. I bought mine of a guy in Adelaide, South Australia, and the Mustang club boys down there were kind enough to inspect the vehicle for me for free, as well as me getting a paid professional company report on the car. On that basis, i purchased the car sight unseen.Wasn't disappointed at all.

Prices are pretty good, but starting to climb i've noticed over the last one or two years.

Greg.:)

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Aussie67 I'm in Perth myself actually.

I have a mate who does panel/paint for some very cashed up customers (has a pre-70 fastback in his shop at the moment). StunningFX, Brad.

He'll come check out any car I find for a professional opinion on the bodywork etc, so I think that will help.

I think I might need to drive a couple & see how they compare.

Good thing is, my wife likes the style also. But even though I have a workshop with hoist etc in my backyard, I need to rationalise my hobbies or move to a bigger property (unlikely).

This is getting ahead of myself, but how many Mach 1's are there in OZ running RHD?

I understand there are chain-drive conversions, but were there many factory?

Lastly, as many parts on Ford, GM, Nissan, etc are interchangeable, are conversions done using Aussie Ford parts? Steering etc?

Some people do use falcon parts for the conversion. Nothing to hard about staying left hand drive. Only takes a little while to get used to it. There are a few rhd ones on the net for sale but none where ever factory as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back