7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach1, Q code, 4 speed, with an open 3:25 differential. It has what is left of the original Gold Glow paint and a very sun baked ginger interior. I purchased it in Winslow Arizona in May 2018. It has a 75 DSO and I believe it spent its entire time in AZ. It appears to have been parked in 1978 until earlier this year when the guy I bought it from purchased it.
I am a new member and very happy to find this group.  I purchased a 1973 Mach1 last month.  It is a Q code, 4 speed, with an open 3:25 differential.  It runs and drives very nice.  With the exception of the side pipes it is unmolested and complete.  I have always been a huge Mustang fan ever since I was a child.  I like all the early years and some later.  My first ride in a Mustang was in my oldest brothers 1971 coupe with a 351 Cleveland and it left a lasting impression.  He purchased a 1969 Fastback after the ‘71.  I bought the ‘69 from him in the summer of 1985 when I was 15 getting ready to turn 16 in the fall.  I still own the ‘69 after all these years but I have always wanted a 71-73.  My wife also really likes the 71-73( always helps to have her onboard).  I am excited to finally own one of these cars.  I have a lot of work ahead of me with this car and will need lots of help and information.     Thanks Chris

Welcome from Amsterdam, the Netherlands! Plenty of patina to show, are you leaving that? This forum is incredibly helpful, knowledgable and fun so you should have no probs getting the help you need :)

What's on the to-do list sofar?

Cheers and good luck,

Vincent.

Looks like a great project car. Good luck with your restoration and post lots of pictures as you go. I had Thrush side pipes on my first 73 stang back in the 70s.

Welcome to the Forum from North Carolina.

It is great that you got a car without all it's sins hidden, lol. It looks like it might have had a 3/4 vinyl roof that I think makes them look great. Also the factory Forged Aluminum Wheels. Need to see more pics. Never toss anything thinking you can buy another one some parts are hard to come by.

Have fun and enjoy,

David

Hello from Mississippi. Finding a Q code 4sp is certainly a nice find to fulfill your 71-73 wishes. Like David said, with your car in the original condition, there are no hidden sins hiding under a gleaming shiny paint job. And unlike some other groups we like all Mustangs, so lets see that 69!!

Welcome to your new Mustang Home!

Wow, thanks everyone

for the warm welcome!  Hello from central Illinois.  I’ll try and go through your questions and then post some pictures.  As far the patina it spent it spent its entire life in sunny Arizona and must not have been garaged much or at all.  Before this year the last time it was registered was 1978.  The guy I bought it from is a police officer in Winslow and he found the car on the nearby Navajo reservation.  I’m not sure long term but right now I want to address a few mechanical issues.  One being a severely dented oil pan(which is what led me to this forum).  Lose the 70’s sidepipes for a new exhaust.  Then a complete interior.  Then I plan to drive it just as it looks for awhile before I think about bodywork and painting.  As several of you have it is good see it with all its flaws with nothing hiding.  Thanks again!  Now some more pictures

Wow, thanks everyone

for the warm welcome!  Hello from central Illinois.  I’ll try and go through your questions and then post some pictures.  As far the patina it spent it spent its entire life in sunny Arizona and must not have been garaged much or at all.  Before this year the last time it was registered was 1978.  The guy I bought it from is a police officer in Winslow and he found the car on the nearby Navajo reservation.  I’m not sure long term but right now I want to address a few mechanical issues.  One being a severely dented oil pan(which is what led me to this forum).  Lose the 70’s sidepipes for a new exhaust.  Then a complete interior.  Then I plan to drive it just as it looks for awhile before I think about bodywork and painting.  As several of you have it is good see it with all its flaws with nothing hiding.  Thanks again!  Now some more pictures

Somehow I duplicated the othe post sorry I don’t know how to delete it.  Here is the 69

Back