7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drk1313

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Convert - Pewter/black/351
[url=https://ibb.co/xGJC5Tf][img]https://i.ibb.co/WFgxKJP/IMAG2309-1.jpg[/img][/url]
Just purchased a '72 convertible - light pewter with a black interior. 351, A/C, decor group. Original/driver quality with a respray in 2004. Per Marti, there were 202 with this paint/trim combo. Just started working on some TLC projects, but enjoying driving it in the meantime. I had a '73 convertible about 10 years ago - light blue over dark blue, but that car had some rust issues. Looking forward to scanning the site and posting anything useful I can add.

image hosting

Hello from Mississippi.

Wow, what a nice looking drop-top!  The decor group option on your car sure gives us a good idea what a Mach 1 vert would have looked like.

When you get a chance please tell us some more about yourself and any plans you might have for that fine-looking horse!

Welcome aboard!

Pewter color is interesting - changes from silver to a light green depending on the light. Looks like someone added the center gauges - it has a clock in the left pod where the tach would be. Not sure if this was a possible combo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. The clock in the cluster was a 71 only thing so added. Just have to check the Marti should have tach if center gauges. Clock was in console.

I parted out one of the pretty rare 72 gold glow with Decor group, I think one of 82 from memory. They cost so much to restore are worth more as a parts car. It got crashed sadly.

I drive a 73 Decor Group vert. and building a 72 Q vert for track days.

Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. The clock in the cluster was a 71 only thing so added. Just have to check the Marti should have tach if center gauges. Clock was in console.

I parted out one of the pretty rare 72 gold glow with Decor group, I think one of 82 from memory. They cost so much to restore are worth more as a parts car. It got crashed sadly.

I drive a 73 Decor Group vert. and building a 72 Q vert for track days.

"The clock in the cluster was a 71 only thing"

NO IT WAS NOT 71 only

I have had it in a couple of Grande's

Have one now for parts

DRK 1313  

Your convertible looks very nice the decor group really dresses up them up in my opinion.

The clock very well may be original, and a fairly rare option, what's the Marti say ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Illinois and another vert owner. Nice car.

Back