New old wheels and tires

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
So i found some 15" Ford wheels on Ebay for £100. I then purchased some new tires. I have still got to get them cleaned and polished.

I still have'nt decided whether i am going to keep them on the car.

What's everyones verdict on these?

What age are these wheels? I was told 1970's when i bought them

20160628_142515.jpg

20160628_143259.jpg

20160628_143323.jpg

Those are very cool, and they look great on your car. ::thumb:: But they are nothing close to stock wheels - unless, you have a '77 Mercury Cougar.

1977cougarxr7072310.jpg

I only mentioned them not being stock wheels because you mentioned wanting to go concourse with your Grande. ;)

I wondered which vehicle Ford used them on. They have D70A-1007 FWA & 15"x 6.5" stamped on the back side. ::thumb:: Thanks for info

You're right they are not stock. I will keep these on the car so i can get the original wheels restored. Once i get original wheels restored i will get white wall tires and put them on when i take the car to shows. The wheels on the car right now will be used when i take the car out on the road

That sounds like a great plan. Like I said, I think they look sharp on your car - nice choice!

I did kind of the opposite: I had the stock stamped rims with sport covers and white walls on mine while I was putting it back together, then slapped on the Cragars and Cobras when it was almost ready to go.

Pegleg, those are some nice looking rims. Ford used those on the 77-79 T-Bird's, LTD II's, and Cougar's. There is a similar rim Ford used on the Full size Crown Victoria from 88-91, but used a different center cap that mounted on studs. Like Eric said not correct for a Concours restoration, but will serve as good looking setup until you restore your steel rims.

My high school ride back in the real early '80's had a version of 'em, painted in the windows to match the body cove paint:

73Torino83trophy.jpg

Back