New Owner

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mustangandy

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Cobra Jet 429 Ram Air C6 auto 3.50 traction loc
[url=https://ibb.co/Wtx4kTW][img]https://i.ibb.co/dgWwPh0/mine1.jpg[/img][/url]
Hi All.

I've joined the fold! Just had delivery of a 1971 Mach 1 429 Cobra Jet Ram Air in bright red. Originally built for export to the UK where she spent all her life - until yesterday. Now she is in central France with me and my 2 dogs :) She is in original condition and has only 52,000 original miles, 38K of which were racked up in the first 6 years. She was part of a static collection of classic cars for 10 years up to 2014 and has only covered 500 miles since then. Had some restoration work (inevitable with the British climate) and a full repaint, new carpets, conversion to holley carb, bits of welding, new tyres etc about 3 years ago. 

She is also 1 of 1 on the Marti report as Mach 1, the above engine package, C6 auto, bright red, black knitted vinyl bucket seats, 3.50 traction loc, power windows and sports wheel covers (on 14 rims).

Still finding out about how she drives and what needs fixing. The temp gauge doesn't work, fuel gauge reads only half full with a full tank, quite bad cold idle which is fine when warmed up. Likely needs a carb tune and timing set properly. Still has a points system.

Driving is er 'interesting! On the small French roads she does not, yet, feel truly at home. Something to do with the length and width I think lol. She does wallow a bit (I presume they all do?) but, although clunky, the auto box kicks down on demand and she really does fly. 

Looking forward to engaging on here and learning how to fettle her to her best. Cheers!

Hello from Mississippi. Beautiful well equipped car. Interesting how many of these big block brutes found their way outside the US.

Lots of knowledge and experience on this forum and all willing to help in any way.

Welcome to your new Mustang home. [emoji594]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello from Mississippi. Beautiful well equipped car. Interesting how many of these big block brutes found there way outside the US.

Lots of knowledge and experience on this forum and all willing to help in any way.

Welcome to your new Mustang home. [emoji594]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, great to be here!

Welcome to the Forum from North Carolina.

Sounds like you have quite a car there. The heavy 429 engine takes a lot away on handling for sure. You have to learn how to drift the turns and use that HP, lol.

Cheers,
Cheers. Think it'll probably be a while before I risk any drifting lol. Would be fun though  :D

Welcome from your neighborhood, Germany, and congratz to your new beautiful red beast - a rare find here in Europe, indeed. Great and well equipped car. Enjoy and have fun with it!

Gesendet von meinem E6633 mit Tapatalk
Thanks, and I'm sure that I will!

Back