New Pictures

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

MarkB

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1/Porsche 1983 944
Took a few pictures with the fall leaves.

IMG_0949.JPG

Duck

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible
Very beautiful Green ::thumb::

but.... how much green Mustangs actually here in this Forum ?

Best regards from Heidelberg in Germany

Klaus

73pony

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2v
MarkB - Car looks fantastic!

BKDunha - Love the pic of your car in the snow. The white really makes it pop.

Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I also like green but never had a 71 73 that was green. Had Grabber Green Maverick, dark green 65 mustang vert and couple dark green 1950 fords.

Wade that is what your Mach 1 can look like, sharp. :bravo:

MarkB

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1/Porsche 1983 944
They all look good! I like the lime metallic green which I think is only a 72 year paint color...correct me if I'm wrong.

Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Even if Ford did not place a color in the brochure you could pay extra and get a non factory color. It cost $98 extra. In 71 & 72 if you got a non factory color on a model that normally have a urethane bumper you would get a chrome bumper due to not having the special paint for the rubber. 

In 1973 you got an Argent front bumper if you got non factory color. Several members have non factory paint cars they all have a six digit DSO code and not even Marti can tell you the color Ford used he did not get the information for Special Paint & Trim cars.

They go all the way back to the beginning. Here is a couple pictures of a 1964 1/2 painted a 1940 Lincoln color and also has real leather seats. I lost my pics of my special paint car with computer crash. This car is in the MOM, Mustang Owner's Museum in Concord, N.C.. Glare on pic of seat, not allowed to open the cars in the museum unless owner is present and opens it. The first on in the Mustang registry for six digit cars was built for Henry Ford II and had full leather interior.

If you find a car with six digit DSO code something is not a factory option on the car.

I do like green cars myself. 

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach 1
302-2v
C4

Damn David, you are a bundle of cool information as always.

I have wondered about the bumper paint. I have seen a couple of pictures of 71-73 Mach 1's with an oddball color with chrome bumpers. I guess now I know why.