New project for this winter. 71 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin, The holes that run along the bottom of the tail light panel need to be welded up! The holes are for 73 bumper filler panel. Only 1 hole should be their for licence plate light.
Well F*#K !! I cant believe I missed that!  Good catch and thank you for pointing it out!! Guess I will break out the welder and get those holes closed up. Hopefully I can keep a wet rag with me and keep the heat down. Then use my small jamb gun and hit it with primer again. Sucks I just finished wet sanding over that area with 400 grit and never even noticed those holes!! O well!! if that's the worse thing that comes up during this project, I will be happy!! Again thank you for the heads up!!! ::thumb::

Your welcome Kevin. I don't know why they would put the holes there in the first place. :chin: We have to drill the holes for the honey comb panel anyway.  I say let the 73 guys drill there own holes. :cool:

Kevin, great job on the color and multi liner! Can't wait to to see the body in color. Ryan.

Thanks guys!  It's coming along. Going to try to spray the black on the bottom of doors tonight. Then finish getting the body ready this week to hopefully shoot this weekend! But to be honest guys, I'm not a fan of the yellow! Just doesn't pop enough for me. My car was same color when I got it. But I repainted it back to factory pewter. 

bbcode img

Nice work Kevin.

That's turning out looking incredible!

I'm pretty sure you've said it before but I can't find it, what kind of paint are you using?

Thanks guys.  It's coming along nicely. Can't wait to get it finished up and move onto some other projects. 

Silverback, the paint is base coat/ clear coat. PPG products. Deltron DBC. And their clear. Can't remember number off top of my head.  Pulled the paper off yesterday. Going to try to get the black shot on the bottom tonight. 

foto upload

Back