New to forum, first time mustang owner

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

[email protected]

Reaction score
My Car
'71 Coupe 351C 4V
Hey forum, I am a new member and now own my first mustang. It is a 71 coupe. It originally had the 351W in it, but my mechanic's father had built up a Cleveland 4V and dropped it in 20 years ago. I am quite ecstatic as it has all the options I wanted, ps, pw, pl, a/c, etc. IMO everyone and their mothers own 64.5-70's. We are a special breed that prefer to be more unique and own 71-73's. I can't wait to get more pics posted and learn all kinds of info on this forum.

p.s. she does need some TLC and I have some time and some money, finally a great project.

351c 4v.jpg front driver side view.jpg keystone wheels.jpg rear passenger side view.jpg my stang.jpg

Big Block MACH

Reaction score
My Car
73 MACH 1
Hi welcome to the bad to the bone mustang club. 71-73 mustangs are the nicest early mustang to drive. 71-73 mustangs can take any engine you desire. 302,351W,351C,429,460, and I haven't seen one my self but the new 302 Boss overhead cam engine probably will fit.

My 73 MACH 1 has a 460in it and Its like driving a luxury rocket ship.

nbracken

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Cobra Jet
Welcome and congratulations from Detroit!. Looks like you have a great project and a ton of energy. I'm a newbie too but have already come to love this site and the advice members give out so freely. It's a goldmine!

73vertproject

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible H Code, 351C 2V FMX
Welcome to the club from northern Nevada. Nice project you've got there. You're definitely in the right place for all things related to 71 - 73 Mustangs. Glad to have you here!

matrixx

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 coupe
1998 mustang
1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R
Welcome from central virginia. As a fellow coupe owner I admire you saving another one. Looking forward to your build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mustang Dynasty

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Convertible Modified Spec White(ext) Black Pwr Tp/Int Frt Pwr Disc Brks 351 Clevelandw/Ram Air/2 BBL Manifold/Holly EFI & Hurst (wde ratio) 4-spd/429 or 351 Ford Toploader Trans/3.5 rear axle ratio Mach 1/racing mod suspension [email protected] sec Magnum 500 (frt 7" & rear 8") wheels modified w/71-73 accessories (all original mustang parts)
Hey forum, I am a new member and now own my first mustang. It is a 71 coupe. It originally had the 351W in it, but my mechanic's father had built up a Cleveland 4V and dropped it in 20 years ago. I am quite ecstatic as it has all the options I wanted, ps, pw, pl, a/c, etc. IMO everyone and their mothers own 64.5-70's. We are a special breed that prefer to be more unique and own 71-73's. I can't wait to get more pics posted and learn all kinds of info on this forum.

p.s. she does need some TLC and I have some time and some money, finally a great project.
welcome from a one time and last time mustang owner unless i become rich. Haha. Welcome from latrobe PA. HOPE you are reading everyones comments to the newbys on this site. As my fingers are numb in my custo comments to them while typing in the past couple of hours and quite late in the nite/morn bu to sa.y look into what you want on the long term early and to figure you will not see a big value no matter what you spend for your personal satisfaction and gratification compared to the older and new shelbys but I LIKE MINE AND GOT TO FIGURE THAT WITH 400 PICS ON MY PHOTO ALBUM AND 18 IMAGES TO VIEW ALL ANGLES OF MINE SCHEDULED TO BE FOR MARCH COTM 2015 caledar. Worked on since got it in 03 ciao MIKKE

looks like my post did not go through so all to say for now at after 2AM is see my 400 pic photo album and MARCH 2015 COTM FOR A GOOD MOTIVATOR MIKKE FROM LATROBE PA WELCOME

Last edited by a moderator:

caspianwendell

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang convertible
1974 Z28 camaro
1963 chevy C10
1999 F150 lariat 4X4
Welcome from Arkansas