New to forum, first time mustang owner

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
My Car
'71 Coupe 351C 4V
Hey forum, I am a new member and now own my first mustang. It is a 71 coupe. It originally had the 351W in it, but my mechanic's father had built up a Cleveland 4V and dropped it in 20 years ago. I am quite ecstatic as it has all the options I wanted, ps, pw, pl, a/c, etc. IMO everyone and their mothers own 64.5-70's. We are a special breed that prefer to be more unique and own 71-73's. I can't wait to get more pics posted and learn all kinds of info on this forum.

p.s. she does need some TLC and I have some time and some money, finally a great project.

351c 4v.jpgfront driver side view.jpgkeystone wheels.jpgrear passenger side view.jpgmy stang.jpg

Hi welcome to the bad to the bone mustang club. 71-73 mustangs are the nicest early mustang to drive. 71-73 mustangs can take any engine you desire. 302,351W,351C,429,460, and I haven't seen one my self but the new 302 Boss overhead cam engine probably will fit.

My 73 MACH 1 has a 460in it and Its like driving a luxury rocket ship.

Welcome and congratulations from Detroit!. Looks like you have a great project and a ton of energy. I'm a newbie too but have already come to love this site and the advice members give out so freely. It's a goldmine!

Welcome from central virginia. As a fellow coupe owner I admire you saving another one. Looking forward to your build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Just one thing: Unless it´s a car made in (for?) Mexico, I doubt that it had a 351 Windsor originally.

Hey forum, I am a new member and now own my first mustang. It is a 71 coupe. It originally had the 351W in it, but my mechanic's father had built up a Cleveland 4V and dropped it in 20 years ago. I am quite ecstatic as it has all the options I wanted, ps, pw, pl, a/c, etc. IMO everyone and their mothers own 64.5-70's. We are a special breed that prefer to be more unique and own 71-73's. I can't wait to get more pics posted and learn all kinds of info on this forum.

p.s. she does need some TLC and I have some time and some money, finally a great project.
welcome from a one time and last time mustang owner unless i become rich. Haha. Welcome from latrobe PA. HOPE you are reading everyones comments to the newbys on this site. As my fingers are numb in my custo comments to them while typing in the past couple of hours and quite late in the nite/morn bu to sa.y look into what you want on the long term early and to figure you will not see a big value no matter what you spend for your personal satisfaction and gratification compared to the older and new shelbys but I LIKE MINE AND GOT TO FIGURE THAT WITH 400 PICS ON MY PHOTO ALBUM AND 18 IMAGES TO VIEW ALL ANGLES OF MINE SCHEDULED TO BE FOR MARCH COTM 2015 caledar. Worked on since got it in 03 ciao MIKKE

looks like my post did not go through so all to say for now at after 2AM is see my 400 pic photo album and MARCH 2015 COTM FOR A GOOD MOTIVATOR MIKKE FROM LATROBE PA WELCOME

Last edited by a moderator:
Back