New to Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
X2. Spend 15 minutes and peek under the carpet and look at the cowl and under the battery tray. Take your digital camera with you and post what you see here, and let us help you understand what you've got.

Or, do like many of us did and just say, "Hurray, I'm now a Mach 1 maniac, and even if all the rusted parts and chassis fit into a mason jar, with enough welding and solder I'll bring her back to life!" LOL! Just look around this site and you'll see that it's not that far-fetched. :)

Bottom line - it looks like a fun project from here, but without seeing the floor pans and cowl, and not knowing your interests yet, it's still up to you. Snap a few pics and we'll talk.

Doc
okay...I'm new as of today. However , been around the block...even have monthly bus tickets. I would try to be in that car for 3. Still a good looking project!!!

Update

Saturday I'm going to go see the car for the first time in person. I'll take my camera, flashlight, and 30 $100 bills. I'll really take 40 of them but keep the last ten in another pocket. We will see how it goes. If the car has little rust as the owner claims then I don't have a problem handing over all 40. Well, I always have a problem letting go of cash but that is another story.

Best of lucks Don!! you know we all want you to buy it! :p

Nice dealing the money in different poquets ;)

My bet is you get the car for... 3300 ...

Best of lucks and keep us posted!

Well, there are a lot of "ifs", but if you bring up the troubles with the VIN, and that fact that the experts at 7173mustangs.com suggested $3000 and not a penny more, I'm thinking you'll still have 2 $100s and a $50 in your "other pocket". So I'm in for $3750.

Doc

Just found the site and joined up. My first post to read and it looks as though today is the day! Looks like a sizeable project all in all so I hope that Don65Stang is up to a project and not hopping for a quick driver car. A better deal can be had on another Mach 1 but it would take time and possibly being willing to travel to a non-rust state. Go in with a willingness to turn around but a hope to be the new owner of a Mach 1. All the best, post some pictures - $3,000.00 will make it yours.

Thanks Steve! And welcome to the site!

Just went bt the bank & I'm about to head up to see the car. ;)

I'll keep everyone posted how it turns out...got an hours drive to get up there first tho.

Just found the site and joined up. My first post to read and it looks as though today is the day! Looks like a sizeable project all in all so I hope that Don65Stang is up to a project and not hopping for a quick driver car. A better deal can be had on another Mach 1 but it would take time and possibly being willing to travel to a non-rust state. Go in with a willingness to turn around but a hope to be the new owner of a Mach 1. All the best, post some pictures - $3,000.00 will make it yours.
Hi Steven - welcome to the site from northern Nevada. Please post and introduction in the Introductions thread so we can give you a proper welcome. Yahoo! Another member from the desert states!

Doc

I just got home. It looks cool. While inspecting it I found some rust but the biggest discovery is the tale tale sign of what appears to be a orange factory color. Is there a grabber orange?

Well, congratulations, Don! I think $3500 sounds fair. Now, to nail down the VIN. Then you'll know if there really was a "'Grabber Orange". :p

Roy (Tnfastbk), how is it that you win every fruitin' contest there is? ::goodjob::::goodjob::::goodjob:: Stop by the VIP lounge and I'll be happy to let you buy the first round. :D

Don - please post some pics of the driver's side dash (not the dash pad), passenger door frame, etc. so we can see what's up with the VIN.

Well done, in my opinion.

Doc

Now that I'm home I owe the wife dinner out for humoring me being gone since noon looking at & buying this car. It's sushi time. More when I get home...for now though it has pwr disc brakes, ps, no ac, a little floor pan rust not too bad tho, no wheel well rust, has pass side cowl rust, no trunk rust, bubble rust under the paint on both lower doors. Fmx trans. Factory tach.

I couldn't verify the vin except on the dash and title. No door data & no body tag. I did see some stamping on the radiator support but could not make out much of it.

All in all I think $3500 was a fair price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back