New to me 1972 Mustang convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like how your car looks untouched. Hope you keep it that way except the AM radio can be left off, but kept

Yes, though I don’t have an 8 track to try

Very cool car. I could not open your first post. Noting better than Vert in the Fall.

Yes, though I don’t have an 8 track to try
Oh man! My 60 year old son has a huge collection of 8tracks lol. I'm a bit more technologically advanced....I have a box FULL of cassettes and can play them only in my car because that's the only player I have. Just got new Yukon plate Fri and she needs a little cleaning (storage all winter.) And I will take her for a short spin .at Last. I'll post pics.

Cool car. I’ve always liked how the urethane bumper looks with that color particularly.
Thanks Laz, I think your use of the painted trim on the fenders and hood looks cool with the chrome bumper !

I like how your car looks untouched. Hope you keep it that way except the AM radio can be left off, but kept
Thank you very much Greg !!! I'm probably going to do the NACA/NASA hood with the ram air kit, and the rear dual exhaust cut out valance though, since my flat hood has some hail damage, and the original rear valance is a bit bent up. I added them on my 73 Sportsroof back in the day, and it's hard not to have them now. My wife and I both think the white top looks wrong with the medium yellow gold color, and it needs a top anyway, so we are going with a black one.

Nice car. I am restoring my 1972 convertible. Enjoy seeing pictures.
Thank you Hank, I look forward to seeing your posts !!! Love the Magnum 500s on white !

Good morning everyone, I’m getting more and more excited about this car. It was sold to me as an original 28,000 mile car with parts of it having original paint. I didn’t believe it and didn’t buy it thinking that was even a possibility. In the pictures I could see the interior was pretty soiled, and the top needed to be replaced. Looking at the pics I figured the seller was just telling the story to get the car sold.
As time goes on, while taking it apart to document it, I am finding that this car actually could be an original 28,000 mile car, but it did have a total repaint at one point in it’s life. it seems as though the car has set a real lot , but indoors. I bought the car out of Mississippi but it has lived in Tennessee and Virginia at least as well as possibly Florida due to the fact of parking lot and inspection stickers that are on it. The really cool thing is is that it originally came out of Northampton Massachusetts which is only about a 40 minute drive away from where we live. Apparently very early in the game it left this area before it was driven through any salt. The last registered owners of the car owned it at least 30 years.
So far the only rust I can find are two tiny pinholes under the insulation in the driver side rear floor pan foot well, and two pinholes in the drivers rear quarter down low. I had a 73 sports roof back in 75 through about 85 that never saw winter and was really nice, even was in a couple of indoor real car shows and even that car eventually had to have rust repaired in both quarters, albeit very minor, like the size of tuna can lid, but that’s still way more than this car, so this is amazing to me. Sorry for the rant but I just had to tell somebody who would understand how exciting this is to discover.

Thank you very much Greg !!! I'm probably going to do the NACA/NASA hood with the ram air kit, and the rear dual exhaust cut out valance though, since my flat hood has some hail damage, and the original rear valance is a bit bent up. I added them on my 73 Sportsroof back in the day, and it's hard not to have them now. My wife and I both think the white top looks wrong with the medium yellow gold color, and it needs a top anyway, so we are going with a black one.
Too bad your flat hood is hail damaged because I would trade a NACA / NASA hood for it. Good flat hoods are kinda hard to find.

I have a good flat hood I’ll trade you for that nasa hood. I was considering using it on my car.

1973 with 351c and 1" EGR spacer needs the NACA / NASA hood for clearance. also if you decide to use the 1" PCV spacer for that little bit of extra torque.
Not sure what this was in response to, as mine is a 72, but I think they are the same and so good advice, Thank you !

Hi everyone, please see my post in engines, transmissions and driveline

Back