New to me 73 Conv H code

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my 73 last week. Seems to be in pretty good condition. Been working on some little details, lighting, radio etc. Great site for information and looking forward to learning more.

I have not found much information on color combinations and not sure white was even available on the conv (car used to be green) but I am not feeling the white (cream?) roof so I’m thinking of changing to black. If someone can point me to info in factory color combo options that would be great. Regardless of originality I think I will go with a black roof. Photoshop for reference.
Another warm welcome from Virginia. Love your convertible! I like a black roof.

Ford only offered white or black soft tops. I believe either one was available regardless of interior or exterior colors. The boot cover usually matched the cars interior color. Certain interior colors had black carpet, dash, sun visors, seat belts, and console....white, Vermillion, black. Other colors such as blue, green, ginger, possibly other reds the carpet, dash, etc matched the interior color.

Good luck with your new to you 73 convertible. I have had quite a few of them over the past 35+ years. Happy to help if I can.

Welcome to the family! You are going to have a lot of fun with your vert. :)

Back