New to the site

lonely cruser

Reaction score
My Car
Just got my 72 grande three day ago. It belonged to a friend that passed away earlier this year. The plan is to build the car the way he would have. He was a big fan of building sleepers. With that in mind, I am planning on installing a 72 429/220hp out of an LTD that I have had for a very long time looking for the right thing to put it in. I know he would have loved it.
Hi, everyone! I am new to the site and new to owning a Mustang. I am not new to building cars, but I really didn't expect to take on one now at my age [63]. However, a good friend of mine had plans to do this car for years, but left this mortal coil before getting to it. After several months of negotiation [and a lot of pestering from my grandson], I finally bought the 72 Grande from the estate.

The plan is to build a tribute to our friend the way he would have. He was very prone to building sleepers, including an 82 Olds Cutlass with a maxed out 454. With that in mind, I just happen to have a 429 out of a 72 LTD that I have hung onto for many years looking for the right car. I'm sure my friend would approve.

As soon as I can, I will post some photos and hope to hear from some of you soon. Thanks for any input.

Reaction score
My Car
'73 mustang convt.
Hi and welcome from Arizona. I am sorry about your friend but and happy you are taking on his project. Thanks for saving an old mustang and you will like this site!

Reaction score
Hello from Mississippi. Since your friend liked "Sleepers", I'm sure your 429 Grande' project will cause him to look down and smile. You'll find many friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, folks on this site, many who have done similar type engine swaps. When you get a chance post some pictures of your project car.

Welcome to your new Mustang home!

BOSS351

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
I have a Grabber Lime Boss 351. The added bonus is it has a Gear Vendor overdrive for added drive-ability.
Welcome from Illinois!

OLE PONY

VIP Members
Staff member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Conv.
01 Mustang Bullitt (my son owns now)
04 Oxford White Mach 1
04 Azure Blue Mach 1 (sold)
Welcome to the site from Virginia! Sounds like a good plan and I'm sure your grandson is excited. There are of lot of members here of social security age, so join right in.

Bru

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
My '72 convertible was ordered from a factory catalog while I was serving in Viet Nam '71.
Welcome from the Peoples Republic of California

Mikes73

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang sportsroof - 351c 2v - fmx trans.
Welcome from Oklahoma. Sounds like a nice project.

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Welcome from West Texas!

A very nice thing you're doing. I have an '85 Suzuki GV1200GL Madura motorcycle that falls into that same category. Good luck with it - you won't be disappointed when you get it all done.

Mustang Dynasty

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Convertible Modified Spec White(ext) Black Pwr Tp/Int Frt Pwr Disc Brks 351 Clevelandw/Ram Air/2 BBL Manifold/Holly EFI & Hurst (wde ratio) 4-spd/429 or 351 Ford Toploader Trans/3.5 rear axle ratio Mach 1/racing mod suspension [email protected] sec Magnum 500 (frt 7" & rear 8") wheels modified w/71-73 accessories (all original mustang parts)
Hi, everyone! I am new to the site and new to owning a Mustang. I am not new to building cars, but I really didn't expect to take on one now at my age [63]. However, a good friend of mine had plans to do this car for years, but left this mortal coil before getting to it. After several months of negotiation [and a lot of pestering from my grandson], I finally bought the 72 Grandé from the estate.

The plan is to build a tribute to our friend the way he would have. He was very prone to building sleepers, including an 82 Olds Cutlass with a maxed out 454. With that in mind, I just happen to have a 429 out of a 72 LTD that I have hung onto for many years looking for the right car. I'm sure my friend would approve.

As soon as I can, I will post some photos and hope to hear from some of you soon. Thanks for any input.
Between a 429, 454, and 460, what do you thing is best? My Cleveland w/somewhere @ a solid 350 hp, w/9.5:1 compression, solid lifter,....really loaded for some good ramming around on the back streets, might seem a little loaded down however to see her perform, a project in putting together a nice video at the track is a future project. Lookin fwd in seeing your Grande. I'm a modifier myself and always looked at taking a 71-3 Grande and putting a Targa Top on it.

73pony

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2v
Welcome from cold and snowy Iowa!