New vendor to me: Ecklers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, 351 4v CJ, C6, Mach 1 Decor options, power: steering, brakes and windows, a/c, Rally Pac gauges, Deluxe interior.
[url=https://ibb.co/ZVjjKXW][img]https://i.ibb.co/zrMMbxG/s-l1600-2.jpg[/img][/url]
After 2.5 years into restoring, it was a surprise to me when Eckler's popped up out of the blue.  I don't think I've heard them discussed before so I'm asking if anyone has heard of and used them?  I had a problem ordering their catalog (yeah, old school) so I was at first nonplussed, but then I changed browsers and all was fine. 

Randomly picking "rear quarter panel full lh convertible" for comparison: CJPony: $482, Eckler: $497, NPD: $582. 

Aren't they responsible for Mac's Auto Parts?  Yup; I've known of Mac's since 1998.

Yes they are associated with Mac’s, possibly parent company?  All of a sudden, I too am being hammered with at least one email a day from Ecklers, I did not sign up.  I assume Macs shared/sold my name since I did request a Macs catalog but have never purchased from them.  I like choices, I hate being hammered daily by a company I don’t do business with.

Yes they are associated with Mac’s, possibly parent company?  All of a sudden, I too am being hammered with at least one email a day from Ecklers, I did not sign up.  I assume Macs shared/sold my name since I did request a Macs catalog but have never purchased from them.  I like choices, I hate being hammered daily by a company I don’t do business with.
I guess that's part of my surprise:  I didn't sign up, do not remember ever seeing their name and now an at-least-daily marketing/sales e-mail.  Not a deal breaker, just odd.

Twice they delivered wrong or unacceptable parts. One was a 429 fan shroud, it was so poorly made it was ridiculous. it was delivered with the old packaging of Mac's antiques.
Both times they did refund me (not the import fees). Not planning to order again from this company anytime soon.

I have used them a few times early on in my Mustang restro but prefer Kentucky Mustang, NPD or OMS.   I did need some dash clips and the only seller I saw was Mac's, bought off of their ebay sale and after 5 days of no shipping I contacted them to find out they were on backorder.  WHY does a seller sell on ebay if they do not have a product?  Another thing with Macs/Ecklers is they often send out emails with discount coupons but they never seem to work for any parts I want.  No, they are down on my list for sure. 

Now see, I'd never heard of Mac's Auto Parts either until I was mentioned above.  Lookie:  they're Ecklers.

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 1.48.14 PM.png

Eckler's bought out Mac's a few years back.  They still use the warehouse facility in Lockport, NY for local pickup, but most items come out of their southern warehouse.

I came across Eckler's first when i was looking into restoring a vette.  I did just buy something from them and it was promptly delivered.

After 2.5 years into restoring, it was a surprise to me when Eckler's popped up out of the blue. I don't think I've heard them discussed before so I'm asking if anyone has heard of and used them? I had a problem ordering their catalog (yeah, old school) so I was at first nonplussed, but then I changed browsers and all was fine.

Randomly picking "rear quarter panel full lh convertible" for comparison: CJPony: $482, Eckler: $497, NPD: $582.
I've ordered misc small parts from Eckler's. From my limited experience with them all was good.

Eckler's has been around for decades. They have been a Corvette restoration/performance parts warehouse since at least the 80's, but probably since before that. They always had a good reputation, but were never the cheapest guy on the block.

Back