New video! Assembly on the outside

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha yes! This spring. If I would of had an engine this fall it would be done by now. 

but yes springtime is my goal, that will be just shy of 2 years restoring it. 

maybe I’ll take my other sportsroof and turn it into an ice racer so I can drive a 71mustang in the winter haha!
IF you've never driven a Mach 1 (or fastback) on icy roads, my advice would be, "don't". Back in 1980, I owned 2 Mustangs. One was the red 72 Q code Mach 1 4 speed and the pewter one was a 72 H code auto that I originally bought for 500 bucks as a parts car, but turned it into my "winter beater". Note the snow tires!! I also had about 150 lbs of sand bags in the back and it still slid around like a greased pig. 

061_061_01.JPG

078_078_01.JPG

The car or the skills?
Skills are forever. The cars, not so much.

I had a seriously clapped out 71 302 fastback as a second car at 19 and worked delivering pizza evenings. I was the only one that would work during a snowstorm, as I had SnowKing snowtires like Stanglover's pewter car. People would look out at what I was driving and hand me crazy tip money. Funny part is I only got stuck one time, there was ice under the snow and I was parked facing up a hill. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back