New video up!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
429CJ, 4 Speed, 3.25 Traction Lock N case, A/C, P/W, tilt, fold down seats, int. wipers, deluxe interior.

Exciting times! Loving the assembly process even though I’ve ran into a few bumps but I mean. It’s to be expected right? 

Any tips and tricks appreciated!

It’s a process… the only advice I would give is to completely assemble the dash and its components outside the car and then install the assembly as a unit. Everything else is pretty straightforward IMO. Enjoy.

It’s a process… the only advice I would give is to completely assemble the dash and its components outside the car and then install the assembly as a unit. Everything else is pretty straightforward IMO. Enjoy.
Definitely good advise that I took. My interior is actually together! 

You're definitely making great progress!

I really like the wheel well trim for sure. A PO removed it from my car and I've been debating whether or not to put it back on. Looking at your car is pushing me towards yes.

Keep up the good work. You're almost in the home stretch.

Mike

You're definitely making great progress!

I really like the wheel well trim for sure. A PO removed it from my car and I've been debating whether or not to put it back on. Looking at your car is pushing me towards yes.

Keep up the good work. You're almost in the home stretch.

Mike
It’s definitely something I’ve noticed can really help a car or not compliment it. Kind of depends on a few factors. I think it gave the whole wheels and tires a complete look with this one. I also like how they’re pretty thin so they’re not too distracting. I got my whole set from CJ pony parts for 145$ i believe and it came with the screws. Little nerve racking putting a couple holes in freshly painted fenders but it was worth it 

Are you at the point where you lay in bed at night planning what to put on next?  :biggrin:    It's really coming together nicely for you.  My car originally had the chrome wheel well trim also but was removed somewhere along the way.  I have thought about putting it back on again but still haven't decided.  I do like the look on yours.    Keep up the good work.  You will be cruising around town before you know it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you at the point where you lay in bed at night planning what to put on next?  :biggrin:    It's really coming together nicely for you.  My car originally had the chrome wheel well trim also but was removed somewhere along the way.  I have thought about putting it back on again but still haven't decided.  I do like the look on yours.    Keep up the good work.  You will be cruising around town before you know it.
hahaha how did you know? shoot ive been staying up late planning the mustang steps since day one! as you can tell im a wee bit excited! things are really starting to look good and i feel like i can sense the end. I love being able to just put things together and watch it all make sense from back when it was all a box of parts. especially since the car was disassembled when i got it, so its more together than ive ever seen it!

Back