New website for our 71 Mach

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 restored in the original light pewter metallic with TMI interior and custom stereo from Pacific Car Audio
Well now that she is almost done we wanted to post pictures of our build but the idea of loading all those pictures with TinyPic was not very appealing. I got Steve to spend his weekend working on a new website for Maxine. It still has a ways to go but enough of it is in place that it is fit to be viewed. The main picture is not Maxine, we will get some shots of her and replace that picture after the Good-Guys show this weekend in Scottsdale

Check it out here http://www.71Mach.com

Nice work on that website.

The actual car shown on the main picture is one of my favorite Mustangs ever. Aren´t you worried about copyright issues? (just asking on a side note)

Well now that she is almost done we wanted to post pictures of our build but the idea of loading all those pictures with TinyPic was not very appealing. I got Steve to spend his weekend working on a new website for Maxine. It still has a ways to go but enough of it is in place that it is fit to be viewed. The main picture is not Maxine, we will get some shots of her and replace that picture after the Good-Guys show this weekend in Scottsdale

Check it out here http://www.71Mach.com
Cool web page. Your car has come a long ways.

The actual car shown on the main picture is one of my favorite Mustangs ever. Aren´t you worried about copyright issues? (just asking on a side note)
That pic will be down by the weekend and we are not selling anything so didn't figure there would be a problem

Nice job both the car and the website. I really like that color for some reason!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Thanks for saving her! I can't wait to see her in person (Mesa resident). One nice thing about AZ cars is less rust but goodness the paint and interior take a beating don't they?

You have a Sun distributor machine? Is it an Oscilloscope too?

No on the Oscilloscope, I am told this is to recurve the distributor

You going to Good-Guys this weekend?

24fgtp3.jpg

Your website sure showcases your journey well.

EDIT: Gotta agree on that pictured pewter Mustang. It RESEMBLES one of my favorite 71-73's. Killer updates/mods. Just shows that attention to the details applies to both modified and concourse-level restorations.

Owner is a true Mustang enthusiast - class act in my book.

Here are pics of it:

dragon_Roy.jpg

New Beginning Baptist Church 2014 Car Show 127_Roy.jpg

Ray

71mach1lady,

Like the process of restoring the mach one. The website is a great addition. One question though! You spent a lot time on the outside fit and finish which looks great. Was there a reason the inside area was not processed with removing the rust from the floor pan and cowl areas? The engine compartment is very impressive!

mustang7173

71mach1lady,

You spent a lot time on the outside fit and finish which looks great. Was there a reason the inside area was not processed with removing the rust from the floor pan and cowl areas?

mustang7173
We are is AZ and rust is not really an issue here. There was a little surface rust but really there was more dirt We cleaned up each area as the Dynamat went down.

No on the Oscilloscope, I am told this is to recurve the distributor

You going to Good-Guys this weekend?

24fgtp3.jpg
That's still pretty cool. I would love to find someone local with an engine analyzer.

I wasn't planning to go to good guys but I might drop by for a while. I love the cars there since most if not all are driven. If I drop by I won't be 'showing' the mustang. I drive it too much to be 'show worthy'. :) But I hope one day I can get it repainted, freshen up the interior and then be able to show it around a bit. I drove it for many years but now it is an 'nice weather' driver so the next paint/interior will last longer.

Are you bringing the Mustang or Cougar or your new electric to the show?

Maybe a few of us could do the pavilions one night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice website - clean and simple with lots of content. Tell your husband he did a GREAT job! ::thumb::

That reminds me: I need to update mine as well.

I wasn't planning to go to good guys but I might drop by for a while. I love the cars there since most if not all are driven. If I drop by I won't be 'showing' the mustang. I drive it too much to be 'show worthy'. :) But I hope one day I can get it repainted, freshen up the interior and then be able to show it around a bit. I drove it for many years but now it is an 'nice weather' driver so the next paint/interior will last longer.

Are you bringing the Mustang or Cougar or your new electric to the show?

Maybe a few of us could do the pavilions one night.
For sure on Pavilions but you should really bring your mustang out to GG. As you say, most of the cars are drivers and many are early projects so there is no reason not to bring it. I would bet that it looks better than many of the cars there. Besides it is the best parking and you can put an cooler in the trunk so you don't have to buy fair food. Last fall one of our friends got a little upset at how much attention our 73 Cougar vert was getting when there were so many "cool cars" that were being ignored

We brought the Cougar and the 22 Detroit last GG show in the fall. We are planning on bringing the Mustang and our 72 Riviera and I think a friend may take the Cougar but we have to call it a 72 as 73's are not allowed

71mach1lady,

Ok! Would be nice to have that dry climate here on the east Coast. Looking good.

mustang7173 :D

71mach1lady,

Like the process of restoring the mach one. The website is a great addition. One question though! You spent a lot time on the outside fit and finish which looks great. Was there a reason the inside area was not processed with removing the rust from the floor pan and cowl areas? The engine compartment is very impressive!

mustang7173

Web site is very cool, & your car turned out beautiful!

Got a question...what paint did you use for engine & air cleaner?
The paint is the Duplicolor Old Ford Blue I think, too many cans in the shop now

Back