Newbie Here

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swimguy25

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Grande
Howdy from China Spring, TX. I am glad to find this website of other enthusiasts of a very misunderstood mustang. I have two mustangs, both 72 Grande's.

One, (red & white top) was originally purchased by my aunt, which I purchased from her as my first car and drove throughout high school. After HS, I was looking for parts, and came accross another 72 that only had 39k miles on it so I bought it. Only problem (to me anyway) was that is was gold with ginger interior. I am in the process of restoring the gold 72 right now. I would post pics but, she is in the shop getting prepped for paint.

I am converting the color to a chrysler platinum silver metallic....which is very similar to the pewter...but has a little corser metallic flake. It will also have a mach 1 side stripe when done. No badging....just the stripe.

The Ginger interior is being changed to Black. I am putting in the mach 1 style seats with gray accent. I am also adding a chin spoiler, and replacing the rear valance with the dual exhaust cutouts.

Rims will be either Magnum 500....or Torq Thrust M...or something similar. I am still conflicted on this part.

Finally, the 351c will be replaced with a 350hp 331 and AOD. I am going to keep the 351c and rebuild as I get more money. I know this might be sacrilge....but I have access to the "free" 331, AOD and all necessary wiring, etc from my brother in law, as he is upgrading his 91 mustang with a supercharged 347 stroker. The 331 doesn't even have 5k miles on it.

Again....glad to be here and I will post pictures when she gets back from shop.

Thomas

::welcome:: to the site , this is the place for all 71-73 Mustangs, best site on the web,

you will find help, advice , plus parts from several dealers here.

My brother also has a white 73 fastback. I called him and told him he needs to register.

Welcome to the site from West Michigan. It sounds like a couple of nice projects. As for the 331... go for it! The windsor motors have tons of aftermarket support and can make great power... you certainly can't beat the price!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Phoenix. We don't care what you do to it as long as you are in love with your car!

But I do have to ask... where are the pictures.

What the heck is a 331?

Welcome from North Carolina! ::welcome:: Look forward to the interaction!

Welcome from Phoenix. We don't care what you do to it as long as you are in love with your car!

But I do have to ask... where are the pictures.

What the heck is a 331?
The 331 is a "stroked" 302. The engine is a 5.0L (302) out of a 91 mustang. So at the end of the day, it will be a fuel injected 331 stroker. Since my brother in law has all the parts needed, we are going to convert it. He has been building 5.0L mustangs for years, so I know I will be getting a quality build.

After I get the Cleveland pulled, I am going to build it up and put the Aussie heads on it for my other project. That one will be alot of fun to build. I had some reservations about switching motors, since I have always loved the Clevelands. However, this will be the Wife's and Daughter's car at the end of the day, so it will be nice having a turn key, fuel injected, disc brake car.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I have mustang overload from looking at all the threads and pictures. You guys have some really awesome stangs! I feel humbled by my little project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back