Newbie to site

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Reaction score
My Car
Restoring 1973 Mustang Coupe. Dream Car
Hi, New to the site. I am a female with a wild passion for the 73 big girl Mustangs. I am a coupe girl. Live in Florida and I have been restoring a 1973 351C 2v FMX code H coupe for over 6 yrs. Always liked the Stangs in general, but when the 71-73 cars came out, I found my true love. Hubby took the back seat. He has his own Mustangs. He hates mine. I have removed every nut, bolt, wiring, engine, tranny and stripped her down to bare metal. Then, I took her to a shop for metal work and painting. During that time, (They have had my car for almost 5 yrs) I found out I had Cancer and have undergone multiple surgeries, chemo and never given up on her. ( I did the complete wiring harness from engine bay to tail lights, in bed while recovering from surgeries). I have been pushing this shop to Finnish her ASAP, so I can bring her home and put her back to original condition. However, I have learned a big lesson. Never pay before job is complete. I have always paid up front for all work and found that My Car Came Last! I watched 65-69 come in and out of this shop. Mine was not! Anyways. I am pushing hard to get her home. They have her in the paint booth for a 2nd time. (Due to damage that has been done to it by shop buyers/ customers bumping into her. Standing on her front bumper. Dings, nightmare!). She has many missing items during this ordeal. (Windows, window guts, handles, locks, rear bumper filler panel, gas filler pipe, you name it came up missing). I am praying to get her home within the month. The shop is going away. (If you know what I mean). Owner is now working out of state. Believe it or not I checked out restoration shops for over 1 year, before choosing this shop. My main reason for coming to this site is for 71-73 EMOTIONAL support. I am having such a hard time finding any big Mustang lovers around. Izzy is my cars name. I want to share her story and be proud of her coming back to life. So I was told about this site, by a member named William. I will add some photos of her and her slow re-birth. My plan at this time is to bring her home after repaint which is 5A. I start chemo back up on the 19th of this month, for weekly doses. While I am strong enough, I will be rebuilding her back to her Original beauty. I have spent the past 8 months searching for replacement Original parts that have turned up missing while up at the shop. $$ is very tight now that I am no longer working. So she will be a slow build. I have almost everything done, but I won't let anyone help me with her. I want and will be able to say, " My 73 has been restored by myself from harmonic balancer to her gas relay system". (Except for some metal work and paint, which should have only taken a year to do). That's my story and My only dream is to drive her completely done, once before I can't psychically drive her. Thanks for reading about her crazy story. Kat.

image.jpg

Welcome from Arkansas and hope you get well soon. unfortunately some shops are that way "unprofessional" hope they make it right with you. and you have come to the right place for support...lot of great people here

Welcome to the site from Virginia! You will find plenty of support for both your car and your recovery. Feel free to post up any time about either.

Welcome Kat from coastal Alabama! I pray you get well soon and that you get your car home soon too.

Welcome from Oklahoma.

This is a great site and you will enjoy the 71-3 experience here.

I wish you the very best with your cancer.

Take care!

Ray

Thanks so much! Major fear gone. Will enjoy sharing Izzy with all. Will see her in the am and get a photo up. Spirits brighter. God. Bless. Thanks. Kat.

Welcome from Chesapeake VA! Coupes are under appreciated. I am just starting to like them. But I came home in a fastback and Dad has had two Mach 1's and two Boss 351's.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a story!!!

Welcome to this site where I found already a lot of advices, lot of guys can help out as they get a lot of experience on these models.

I wish you the best for you and hope you will ride your poney soon and let the cancer behind ::welcome::

Welcome from the Gulf Coast. Your story is one of true determination. I wish you God speed with your quest.

HI PAT WELCOME TO THE SITE. GLAD YOU FINALLY WERE ABLE TO GET ON. WAS GOOD TO SEE YOU YESTERDAY. KEEP ME POSTED ON THE PROGRESS OF YOUR CAR. I WANT TO SEE IT NEXT WINTER WHEN I COME BACK TO LAKELAND.

Welcome to a neighbor. You will find genuine interest and support for your 73 restoration on this site. So glad you looked us up. You show grit and determination in more ways than one. We admire your tenacity and persevering heart. May God reward you with long life and many rides in your completed 73 pony.

Welcome from Maine,

Hope you and your pony are well soon.This is a great site & you should find some options here for your missing parts.

WELCOME aboard, Kat!

I loved reading of your journey with your Mustang. At one time, I painted my '73 Mach 1 ("FIRE") the same color as "IZZY. That Pewter Metallic is a very nice color...I loved it but the "First Lady" convinced me to change it back to Medium Bright Yellow.

As several have noted, I believe you will like it here on the Site. We have folks who are "into" restored, modified and everything in between as it relates to the 1971 - 1973 Mustangs hobby:).

Please take some time to "look around" and don't hesitate to "post up" on any topic that interest you.

Again, Welcome!

BT

Hey Welcome from South Carolina,

I am truely sorry to hear about your health issues, all I can say is listen to your doctors and take care of your body. And then having to put up with buffoons working with your Stang. Life is not fair sometimes, but it will get better. You've picked the right site for your Stang, no doubt. There are some true experts and very caring folks on this site.

Keep posting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back