NFL

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's out, the last play that caused the Seahawks the title was called by the offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell and approved by couch Pete Carroll who explained "It's not the right matchup for us to run the football, so on second down we throw the ball really to kind of waste that play,"

With three downs and one timeout plus 26 seconds on the clock to make just one yard for the win, the couches decide to pass the ball to waste a play?

I feel sorry for all the Seahawks players who were denied a Super Bowl ring by a very stupid call to pass the ball. The Seahawks are my team but I'm happy for Tom Brady and what the win meant for him, what a great career. Maybe next year.

There are 31 other NFL teams out there. God knows we may see the Raiders become a contender for once. ;)

Just found out there will be no "L" Super Bowl.

And the Niners need to get their act together.

When was the last Super Bowl where the home team won?

mike
Mike, the 49ers has always been one of my favorite teams, used to live in Monterey when Jerry Rice and Joe Montana were on the team, those were the best of times for the 49ers. I switched to the Seahawks after years of living here in Washington, so if the Seahawks are out of the running this year I'll be pulling for the 49ers. Maybe with the coaching change the 49er's will make a come back, I highly recommend you guys consider our offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, after his Super Bowl blunder we won't miss him.

Jim

Just found out there will be no "L" Super Bowl.

And the Niners need to get their act together.

When was the last Super Bowl where the home team won?

mike
God, while I'm not crying too much about Harbaugh leaving, his replacement has left much to be desired. Then again, the Ron Jeremy references to Jim Tomsula does make me snicker a little.

I'll still be flying down for games to support my team no matter how dark the days get. We're Faithful for a reason. ::beer::

I believe Super Bowl XLV (GB Packers) was the last time the "home team" won. In regards to "host", no team in the NFL has had a host team win in the SB (or played in though I might be wrong on that). The closest I would imagine would be Super Bowl XIX, 49ers over the Dolphins @ Stanford University.

Maybe with the coaching change the 49er's will make a come back, I highly recommend you guys consider our offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, after his Super Bowl blunder we won't miss him.

Jim
Feel free to check out Greg Roman. He's been a real winner with this recent season, the NFC Championship of last year, and let's not forget that awesome play against the Ravens @ Super Bowl XLVII. Frank Gore must still have warm fuzzy feelings about Roman from when he first came on board a few years back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back