Nice pencil drawing of my car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

machattack

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang mach 1 351c 4v auto fmx
1968 mustang gt 302 4v 4 speed
I have a 17 year old friend who calls me Uncle rod ( not really his Uncle). Hes Autistic and loves drawing Mustangs. He recently drew my car and sent it to me. Just thought I would share.

Attachments

• mach 1 drawing.jpg
    mach 1 drawing.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 5

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Wow - very nice!

A quick question, though: was he working from a picture, or had the car in front of him... or did that all come from his memory? I know I struggled early on drawing things from memory and getting some things like proportions and details correct - it's not very easy at all. As well, he definitely has figured out how to render the various textures and surfaces - the chrome and shadowing on the car itself are extremely well done.

I hope his parents are/have been encouraging him to maybe take some art classes to help him further develop the already excellent skills he has. With a little bit of work on perspective and foreshortening, most people would have a hard time seeing it as 'just a drawing.'

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1, M code, 4 speed.
Wow - very nice!

A quick question, though: was he working from a picture, or had the car in front of him... or did that all come from his memory? I know I struggled early on drawing things from memory and getting some things like proportions and details correct - it's not very easy at all. As well, he definitely has figured out how to render the various textures and surfaces - the chrome and shadowing on the car itself are extremely well done.

I hope his parents are/have been encouraging him to maybe take some art classes to help him further develop the already excellent skills he has. With a little bit of work on perspective and foreshortening, most people would have a hard time seeing it as 'just a drawing.'
I totally agree. I have a Grandson with a form of autism and he taught himself to play the guitar. Anything is possible with support and encouragement.

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
I have a 17 year old friend who calls me Uncle rod ( not really his Uncle). Hes Autistic and loves drawing Mustangs. He recently drew my car and sent it to me. Just thought I would share.
I love this! What an amazing gift from your talented nephew. You must have a great bond. 💗