Nicely optioned 72 Mach on eBay - shield your eyes!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hemikiller

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
71 XR-7 hardtop
71 Country Squire
65 hardtop
Once you get past the interior, it's a very well optioned car.

72 351-2V Mach 1, FMX auto, 3.25 trac loc 9" rear axle. Original color was Bright Lime, only 38xx made for the year. Dark Green Mach 1 Sports Interior option, A/C, fold down rear seat, power windows, AM/FM stereo, power steering and power disc brakes. This is an extremely well optioned car. I don't see any telltale signs of rust through, and given it's a California sold car (DSO 71 - Los Angeles) it probably doesn't have much if any. The body looks straight as can be expected for 52 years . Even the original urethane bumper is still in place and in good shape, which is unusual in the southwest.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3043703959...rentrq:364ec6b317f0a6e6623e6a7dfffe8b30|iid:1

Well that sparked a memory. When I bought my Sunbeam Tiger, a P.O. had reupholstered the seats in a red velour type cloth. With sun fade, it looked like an orange terry cloth bath robe. The seats were the first thing I fixed.

Steve

front fenders dont look original. Damage on front edge of drivers door and small gap suggest a minor mishap in its past. That said, it is a well optioned car with an interior that is beyond garish.

As we all say on this site. “It’s your car, you can build it like you want.”

Kcmash

72 351-2V Mach 1, FMX auto, 3.25 trac loc 9" rear axle. Original color was Bright Lime, only 38xx made for the year. Dark Green Mach 1 Sports Interior option, A/C, fold down rear seat, power windows, AM/FM stereo, power steering and power disc brakes. This is an extremely well optioned car. I don't see any telltale signs of rust through, and given it's a California sold car (DSO 71 - Los Angeles) it probably doesn't have much if any. The body looks straight as can be expected for 52 years . Even the original urethane bumper is still in place and in good shape, which is unusual in the southwest.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3043703959...rentrq:364ec6b317f0a6e6623e6a7dfffe8b30|iid:1
That interior is positively hideous. The lack of an engine bay picture would concern me. But not as much as the interior. Good God!

If you wait on the EBay ad to load, there are better pictures at the bottom. The engine pictures explain why the AC did not blow cold. I’m very close to Orange, CA.

Nice looking Mustang at a very fair price. Even if it has no rust it will take a bit of work to get it all spiffed up for someone wanting to restore it, but it looks like it is in terrific shape as it is now. And loaded with some very nice options...

I know this car well. The old owners are 4 block from me. I sold them the drivers fender about 20 years ago. The couple are old hippies and walk every where and didn't drive it much. The car sat in the garage most of all the 20+ years that I known of it. And yes the interior was horrible.

I know this car well. The old owners are 4 block from me. I sold them the drivers fender about 20 years ago. The couple are old hippies and walk every where and didn't drive it much. The car sat in the garage most of all the 20+ years that I known of it. And yes the interior was horrible.
That would explain much of it!

Thanks for your story, Mike!

How small the world it is...

WOW.. that DID bring back memories of late 70's to early 80s when that fake fur was the rave and people glued it everywhere. I bought a 1971 Charger with grey/white hair in the entire car, just like this one. The hair on the headliner kept making me think spiders were crawling on me. HAHAAAA. :)

It would be interesting to know what the guy that did that interior was smoking when he did that, must have been some powerful stuff. This is what a Mach 1 would have looked like if Cheech and Chong had one in the 70's. I grabbed some photos from the auction and posted them here for future reference, as this ad will soon disappear from eBay. Either way it seems like it was well bought for $13K plus the 8% the seller adds at the end of the auction. Car seems to have a pretty solid mostly rust free body.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg