No longer "Powered by Ford"

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
-Former 70 & 72 Mustang coupes owner.
-69 Torino GT, Formal Roof, 351W, Edelbrock 600 cfm, dual plane high rise intake, long tube headers, AOD trans, dual flowmasters, Pertronix II Billet, 3.5 TRACLOC g/r, 15" Magnum 500s, 100A alt, mini-starter
-70 Mach 1, 351W, FMX
I did a valve adjustment (wet) today. After having previously adjusted the valves dry, I just cut the tops off some old valve covers and adjusted them while the car was running. Loosen until the tick tick tick, tighten to remove lash, wait 10 secs then slowly add 3/4 turn.

So yeah, my valve covers are no longer "Powered by Ford". If anyone in Northern VA wants to borrow (not buy, not trade) them, hit me up.

KRIMG_20131116_090250.jpg

I did the same thing to a pair, but haven't gotten around to doing a valve adjustment like that...Were you working on a stock engine, or something with a bigger cam?
289 C Code, stock with respect to the cam as far as I can tell. Easy day actually and much better than trying to adjust the valves with the engine cold or even pumped up a little.

Back