NOS 1969 Mustang Steering Wheel RIM BLOW Boss 429,Shelby, Mach 1 C9AZ-3600-B5A

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have had this one on watch just for the entertainment value. (63 others seem to be doing the same) If you notice the seller, it's the same one that had the $8,500.00 Boss 351 carburetor for sell. As someone that has a lot of NOS parts stuck back for my Money Pitt #2's resurrection, I understand someone desiring a fair return on their investment. But these prices I consider to be more than a little extravagant. That type of pricing unfortunately removes us "Commoners" from the equation.

Ok...I'm stepping down from my soapbox.   :D

Bob Perkins collection. I heard on another forum that carb sold then had to be rebuilt for another $2k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had some dealings with him in the 80's when he was head judge for MCA. I learned too many of his changing the rules to fit his cars and I quite MCA then.

There are two types of customers one that has to budget his buys and one that just wants that. I use to sell at swap meets and I was told by a couple of vendors my prices were to cheap I was running the good buyers off. So I raised the prices way up an sure enough the sales went up.

He might have only paid $1.00 for that wheel but he is not looking to make a profit he is looking to make a killing.

The other tactic for putting way high prices is to draw the people out that have one. They answer his ad and say I have two of them and then he tells the real story and buys them. Lots of people hunt for parts on eBay using this tactic. I have NOS 1965 / 66 T-5 emblems. There was an add and it had stupid price. When I email his ad he said he was looking for them and knew nobody would pay his price. it worked I called but did not sell them to him, lol.

Hey my son works at BMW he is on the X6 line as the inspector for the line. They make and sell every X6 loaded and M also for about $136.000. They can't make enough of them. They are coming out with some new models I will have to ask what they are that start out over $200,000. They will have reclining heated and cooled back seats that have foot rests like your TV model. The back doors will be wider than the front, Boss in back driver in front. I think 32" monitors in back. People with money would think nothing of that would brag to their buddies at the bar what they spent for it.

BTW it costs around $15,000 t0 $16,000 to build and X6 depending on the options. The rich get richer.

PS never buy anything from Perkins.

I see that the wheel did not sell and has been relisted in case any of you have any loose change you'd like to get rid of.

Don't know about you cobra94svt, but if I paid $8,500.00 for a carburetor, it better be ready to go. The 2k to get it running would have to come from someone's a$$! Hopefully not mine if my wife ever found out I spent that kind of money on something that was not functional when received!   :whistling:

David, I've also had some similar dealings with "Him" at some MCA shows. A friend of mine that restores cars in SC bought some Boss 429 parts from him and "Got Bent Over" is the nice way of saying what he got!

Back