NOS 1971/2 honeycomb grill value

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revsitup

Reaction score
My Car
!971 Mustang sportsroof
Hey guys,  I’ve recently acquired some 71/73 Mach 1 parts and trying to put a fair value on a couple items I want to resale.

First is a NOS never installed honeycomb front grill in new condition.

the other is a complete set of driver quality black bucket seats with tracks.

Just looking for a idea on a fair asking price for these items

thanks for any help much appreciated 

I’ve included a few pics

B78697E0-A671-414F-BF53-A3DC8CDDB967.jpeg

B16F2D97-BB65-4C5B-AD90-0F681831AE32.jpeg

DD952DD2-649F-4499-81D1-61EDFCF52AB9.jpeg

7C00348B-F619-46C4-8023-37E6D1A08DB4.jpeg

I could use the grill but do not need the stainless or the running horse emblem. So you could sell those separate. Daniel Carpenter does repo the grill from original Ford tooling. I am not doing a concourse build so no real need to have original if someone needs for a concourse of course let them have.
Price is always buyer drive so I have no idea.

Nice grille. For a guy doing a high level original restoration, that would be worth paying for. better then the aftermarket stuff... I would sell it as a complete unit and easily get in the $500 range for the right purchaser. They sell the aftermarket ones for more than this, so you could and should push the price higher and see if someone wants the original... You will get many more opinions here, but I went through a concourse restoration a few years back and I paid whatever it took to get the parts I wanted... Many will undervalue them like they do our car's, lol... just to scoop them up cheap and make a profit on the other end. That seat set up is also worth nice $$ to the right buyer as many choose to change out their interiors for black. Not my preference, but too each their own. GLWS

Last edited by a moderator:
Not related to price, I've received last year one grille per USPS, a used one, (kuz these things are not that hard to fix)
But it arrived here much more damaged than it was. So if you ship it, it will be some long relatively thin package, next to regular protection all around make sure to stick some extra foam at the ends for the case it stands because they obviously use the unhandy box shape to squeeze it between other boxes with more conventional dimensions.
Would be a shame to pay that much for a piece of plastic and have it damaged.
You could also offer it with the proper hardware, meant for the headlights (with the squarish push-in plastics) and center brackets just to help sell a bit more if a European would be interested as they are not avail at every corner here...  

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the replies.. some good points brought up especially shipping something fragile like the grill.

Most of these parts I want to sell are all gonna be a pain to ship because of size {nos fastback quarter)and risk of being  damaged in shipping..

I did list a nice bumper and the quarter in the classifieds here hoping maybe someone within driving distance could use them.

I might just hold onto these parts and take into the Carlisle ford show in may as I’m only 15 minutes from the fairgrounds.  Plus I’ll have some parts left over from my 71 that I’m restoring by then.

thanks for the responses guys

Brent

Do you have the original box for the NOS Grille.?  That is a good start with the correct size and weight of cardboard.   I believe the originals were wrapped in Kraft paper for in box protection.  

I bought a nice used original years ago for my car and it shipped fine in cardboard.

kcmash

Hey guys, I’ve recently acquired some 71/73 Mach 1 parts and trying to put a fair value on a couple items I want to resale.

First is a NOS never installed honeycomb front grill in new condition.

the other is a complete set of driver quality black bucket seats with tracks.

Just looking for a idea on a fair asking price for these items

thanks for any help much appreciated

I’ve included a few pics

View attachment 46359

View attachment 46360

View attachment 46361

View attachment 46362
Do you still have seats,grill etc ?
Thanks [email protected]

Back