Occupations

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is from his trip to Cuba

Here is our old White

wv516h.jpg

33xk975.jpg

261g41s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
With all those fancy job titles i'm kinda embarrased to say that i'm just a plumber
There are a lotta folks on here with some very fine jobs. And no one should apologize for having any type of job that provides an income. I was just a shipyard worker for 41 years. Nothing glamorous here. I retired October '12 and thankful to do so. It seems that I retired from a job that had semi-regular raises, approximately 60 hour work week, vacation time, health benefits, and insurance to take up full time care for my 94 year old father and my 89 year old mother-in-law. God works in strange ways!

All this said, I want to thank all of you hard working men and women for continuing to work and paying my Social Security! :D:p:D

With all those fancy job titles i'm kinda embarrased to say that i'm just a plumber
There are a lotta folks on here with some very fine jobs. And no one should apologize for having any type of job that provides an income. I was just a shipyard worker for 41 years. Nothing glamorous here. I retired October '12 and thankful to do so. It seems that I retired from a job that had semi-regular raises, approximately 60 hour work week, vacation time, health benefits, and insurance to take up full time care for my 94 year old father and my 89 year old mother-in-law. God works in strange ways!

All this said, I want to thank all of you hard working men and women for continuing to work and paying my Social Security! :D:p:D
+1

Well said. I hope to join your ranks soon :)

Will work 2 extra hours gladly to support your SS, when my time comes somebody will have to do the same for me:D

I have been a professional automotive technician for 25 years now. The first 23 were with small independent shops, the last two with a GM dealer. I LOVE driving my Mustang to work these days!

Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Current title is Quality/ Powder Coat and Safety Supervisor. Was operations manager for a facility, OEM to Cat, Deere, EZ Go etc, in Greensboro, when my plant closed I chose not to move to Wi. with the company. Hired in Statesville, as Quality Engineer. At the time all paint was being outsourced, the decision was made to install a powder and the operations manager found out that I had been around powder for 21 years, so it became my project. During the planning stages I, ended up doing some some planning as far as PPE, and chemicals, so I inherited the safety as well. My powder system will be going online this week.

Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Current title is Quality/ Powder Coat and Safety Supervisor. Was operations manager for a facility, OEM to Cat, Deere, EZ Go etc, in Greensboro, when my plant closed I chose not to move to Wi. with the company. Hired in Statesville, as Quality Engineer. At the time all paint was being outsourced, the decision was made to install a powder and the operations manager found out that I had been around powder for 21 years, so it became my project. During the planning stages I, ended up doing some some planning as far as PPE, and chemicals, so I inherited the safety as well. My powder system will be going online this week.
I worked at a lawn equipment plant in S.C. when me and my son raced go carts. We had the best paint jobs at the track ran everything down the powder line and used the Poulan green color. You could see us coming for sure.

Great job you have,

David

So, what do you guys do to help support your Mustang addictions?

I am a Heavy Duty Parts Manager for Mack, Volvo and UD/Nissan Diesel Trucks. I also specialize in antique Mack parts. I work for a Mack dealer in South Western Pa and we ship antique Mack parts all over the world. We also handle parts, sales and service for New Macks, Volvos and UD! Keeps me pretty busy but allows me a lot of time on the keyboard to manage the dealership website, forum and some of my other projects (like this! LOL)

So that's enough about me...how about you guys?
Since you supply Mack parts can you help with a new drive chain for this one? LOL I was in Cuba last month and saw this one I think they said 5 ton.

This guy did not have many vehicles but a few that were odd. I could not find out who the owner was he also had a Cadillac that I think might be first year or very close.

I am retired from automotive tooling engineer, I am one of the guys that got all the tooling made for producing your cars.

David
WHERE IS THAT? My brother collects old trucks and I believe he would be a buyer IF it is for sale. Is it me or does that truck ACTUALLY look like the Mack bulldog hood ornament? :D
It would be difficult to get out of Cuba until we open trade soon. That is reason I went down to see if I could find anything of interest. Most have been run into the ground and the people told me that the good ones are with high government officials. There were so many millionaires there when Castro said to leave. They had to leave everything.

When it opens up it would be easy to run ferry from Florida to Cuba right now you have to ferry to Mexico and drive or haul from there.

David

I worked at a lawn equipment plant in S.C. when me and my son raced go carts. We had the best paint jobs at the track ran everything down the powder line and used the Poulan green color. You could see us coming for sure.

Great job you have,

David

Since you supply Mack parts can you help with a new drive chain for this one? LOL I was in Cuba last month and saw this one I think they said 5 ton.

This guy did not have many vehicles but a few that were odd. I could not find out who the owner was he also had a Cadillac that I think might be first year or very close.

I am retired from automotive tooling engineer, I am one of the guys that got all the tooling made for producing your cars.

David
WHERE IS THAT? My brother collects old trucks and I believe he would be a buyer IF it is for sale. Is it me or does that truck ACTUALLY look like the Mack bulldog hood ornament? :D
It would be difficult to get out of Cuba until we open trade soon. That is reason I went down to see if I could find anything of interest. Most have been run into the ground and the people told me that the good ones are with high government officials. There were so many millionaires there when Castro said to leave. They had to leave everything.

When it opens up it would be easy to run ferry from Florida to Cuba right now you have to ferry to Mexico and drive or haul from there.

David
Well I suppose as in Cuba's case Communist do have a better way.... at least for those in power. NOW we are opening trade again....wonder who will benefit?...hmmmmmm Guess big brother will never see that truck. What a find though!

Great job you have,

David

David
Well I suppose as in Cuba's case Communist do have a better way.... at least for those in power. NOW we are opening trade again....wonder who will benefit?...hmmmmmm Guess big brother will never see that truck. What a find though!
When they open the trade it should be easy to get stuff back here. The cars on the road all have been hacked to death with whatever engine, front end to keep them running. I know one guy found two gull wing Mercedes and is getting them back somehow.

Just like here there are cars and equipment stashed in barns that have been there for 100 years in some cases. There was the Cadillac that was over 100 so there has to be more if I found them in a month. I made some friends while there and will keep in touch and if they open trade the farms could use some Deere sugar cane harvesters and tractors. We could use their rum. I have been getting mine brought back through China a couple bottles every couple months, lol.

There are good people in every country no matter what the government is. They know how it is in the world and they want a piece of it.

David

I just got laid off from the school district I worked for for 12 years. I have never been unemployed before so this is all new to me.

John J
That sucks for sure.

I worked my last year in China of all places because there were no jobs here. I made double what I could here also and had all living expenses paid there.

There are teaching jobs in China if you can take the social change. The Chinese and the Japanese can look you in the eye and lie and never think twice. They have no ten commandments for sure but they have all the money. I met three American teachers in the town of Wu Hu that I lived in. Hard times call for drastic changes for sure.

Good luck on your search.

David

Hi John,

Sorry to hear your news. Don't think it's you, they normal want younger, cheaper labour. I got laid off 2 years ago after 15 years in my job. I was totally gutted and I didn't see it coming. I had to pick my self up and start again, it's tough but you got to do it.

I hope you're back in employment soon.

I just got laid off from the school district I worked for for 12 years. I have never been unemployed before so this is all new to me.

John J
Hi John J

What was your position in the district? Certified or Classified? Two months ago, I assumed the principalship of a K-12 school located on the border of Nevada and Oregon, about 5 miles north of the Fort McDermitt Paiute/Shoshone Indian Reservation. If you're looking for adventure, I've got one for you.

In all sincerity, I hope that you are able to find employment soon.

Doc

I once replied that i was a parts manager. That has changed our store bought a repair shop and i have moved into that as the shop supervisor. We are a full service shop just me and one other guy and we do everything from an 289 rebuild im doing for a customers 65 mercury comet to farm tractors

Retired sergeant from Houston Police Department after 39 years and change. Was a hostage negotiator for 20 of those years. I now enjoy NOT being on call 24/7/365 days a year.

Went to work in 1975 driving a 72 Mach 1, left work in 2015 driving a 1971 429CJ Mach 1, what could be better than that?

Property Management. (2.5 years) before that Wholesale Plumbing and Heating for 13 years. Accountant by education but never enjoyed that. I like people.

Retired sergeant from Houston Police Department after 39 years and change. Was a hostage negotiator for 20 of those years. I now enjoy NOT being on call 24/7/365 days a year.
Mike I hear you brother, I still remember the 2:am calls, then there was the pager that went every where with me. The first thing I did when I transitioned into a civilian job was disconnect the bedroom phone and the pager is just a bad memory.

Back