Oddly optioned 4-speed Mach 1 just purchased last night Good score for me.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so your using the power windows as donor? excuse me while I go throw up as I've searched high and low to keep my car "original". Not gonna happen and my car will have to be custom interior for it to "look" right with the after market switches. Maybe Mike429 is right...I'll find a nice set after I drop the coin for the custom work. At this point all I can do is laugh.

Good find and congrats, love the set up!

No RPM I have an extra set from a 73 fastback that I was going to put in my Grabber Green car. (by the way the Marti by the numbers says total 71 F/B power windows is 1812) produced. Not totally correct for a 71 but it was going to be a clone of a Boss 351 anyway. So I wasn't going to worry about correct switches. Sorry to get you all tore up for nothing LOL!!

The Mach 1 is staying complete but I will put all the extra options I have on it, That is what I was trying to say. I am a purist at heart but I don't mind adding more stuff that is factory options. I have a complete ram air system, A/C, PDB, delay wipers, rear defrost, spoilers, 71 correct 8-track and 71 only am/fm I will decide which when the day comes. I've got lots of trinkets for them!

RPM we talked a few years back about my PW setup and possible purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
were you the 3000.00 guy??? LOL! I had to laugh...

me: I'm willing to pay a reasonable amount and don't mind paying a nice profit but 3000 is out of question"

seller: "you have a 71 and you need them right?"

me: "yep"

Seller: "that's why they are 3000.00"

No sir!! I May be a lot of things but not a crook!! mine were for a 73 anyway you were just asking about them.

No sir!! I May be a lot of things but not a crook!! mine were for a 73 anyway you were just asking about them.
Thanks for the PM... very kind!! Well there is one thing I know for sure... If a setup is available I've looked for them. All is GOOD! very nice note and thank you again.

This car to start explaining has a 94 D.S.O. (export) It is an M-code 4-speed Code 9 (3.25 open) rear. pewter w/stripes. No ram air (have build sheet) No A/C, No power brakes, does have power steering, power windows, console, tach and gauges, tilt wheel, rim blow, deluxe interior, convenience group, deluxe belts w/warning light, fold down, Am radio, and lastly factory Magnum 500's w/ one center cap still on it.

It has been sitting here in Ut. since 2000 but sat in Colo. for who knows how long before that. I have a Iowa title from 1989 then a Colo. registration from 1993.

I also have more original paperwork the owners maual,operating features,warranty facts booklet, and a paper from ford talking about the 90 day break in coverage with the data plate and dealer code (72H407) info on it and best of all the original purchasers name and date! 8/11/71 I will try to post some pics.

Awesome Find! The engine looks pretty original in the photos... I have a 71 M code that I'm restoring.. can you tell me about the manifold heat riser on your car ( if its still there )... is it short or long? trying to research which is correct for M code 4v 351

Thanks!

Doug in Indy

Actually it does not have a heat shield it has been rebuilt I have a motor that was original that I believe had a heat shield I will look at it and let you know.

Actually it does not have a heat shield it has been rebuilt I have a motor that was original that I believe had a heat shield I will look at it and let you know.
Thanks 71 RAMAIR! That would be greatly appreciated! btw, did you mention you might have heat shield for sale? $40? I would b definitely interested if you do.

Thanks!

Doug In Indy

927ef0809601ff4eef5808c36f37db01.jpg
5ed201a42acf252825d53ae324d0c38c.jpg
this is the one off of an original 71 motor that has a cougar VIN stamped on it. PM me and we will trade info on how to get it to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is the one off of an original 71 motor that has a cougar VIN stamped on it. PM me and we will trade info on how to get it to you.

THANKS!!

THANKS!!
Dhvidston your PM is disabled. It won't let me reply.

THANKS!!
Dhvidston your PM is disabled. It won't let me reply.
Sorry.. not sure what's up with PM... I've emailed you with a reply..

hope that works. please feel free to email back at [email protected]

Thanks 71 Ramair!

Hi 71 Ramair

Let me know where I can send payment for part.. really appreciate your help on this.

Doug on Indy

[email protected]

Here's what I'm up against. :s

Here's what I'm up against. :s
Been in indoor storage for 15 years! 58,000 orig. miles!

image.jpeg

71 Mach.jpeg

Thanks for taking time to send photos

Really appreciated!

Really appreciated!
Your car looks similar to mine. I like it! You need to go into your edit options and check the receive PM from other members box. Then we can talk or you can send me another email I didn't get the last one.

Thx Tom

Really appreciated!
Your car looks similar to mine. I like it! You need to go into your edit options and check the receive PM from other members box. Then we can talk or you can send me another email I didn't get the last one.

Thx Tom

OK. Thanks Tom.. yeah.. they do look like lost twins :p

Really appreciated!

Thx Tom

Alright.. hopefully on the same page now.. I've updated my PM

Really appreciated!

Thx Tom

Thx Tom

Alright.. hopefully on the same page now.. I've updated my PM
Wish mine had a stick.. I guess I'll settle for the automatic with competition suspension ... no AC or other goodies other than deluxe interior and gauges

Back