OEM battery clock

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tdmaio58

Reaction score
My 72 does not have ac nor a clock. I found a battery operated one on line but not sure where it would go on the panel. Does it insert in the blank ac duct or does it go below the temperature panel?D7965CFB-4D4C-4C17-A6AC-771638FB9A5C.png

I think There is a version on instrument panel, the left side has the idiot lights and a round clock?

If you want AC, companies like Classic Auto Air make nice AC systems for around $2000.

My 72 does not have ac nor a clock. I found a battery operated one on line but not sure where it would go on the panel. Does it insert in the blank ac duct or does it go below the temperature panel?View attachment 64258
I ordered that same clock and had no luck keeping it running. Total waste of $ in my case. They offer no lens for that clock, you must use your existing console clock lens or order one. There is also no provision to set the time on that clock (set stem) unless you access the back of the clock. I ended up sending mine off to be converted to a quartz movement and am very happy with that option for accuracy and they also utilize the factory set stem.
If you go the battery operated route, I wish you better luck than I had.

I ordered that same clock and had no luck keeping it running. Total waste of $ in my case. They offer no lens for that clock, you must use your existing console clock lens or order one. There is also no provision to set the time on that clock (set stem) unless you access the back of the clock. I ended up sending mine off to be converted to a quartz movement and am very happy with that option for accuracy and they also utilize the factory set stem.
If you go the battery operated route, I wish you better luck than I had.
thanks for response. Maybe I just enjoy the ride and not worry about what time it is.

If you go the battery operated route, I wish you better luck than I your clock
I too would like to know who fixed your clock . I would like a quartz movement. Thanks

b1baf9ec-d242-412b-b0f5-35195214a7d0-jpeg.64336

This is what I actually received, no faceplate or lens.

Attachments

• B1BAF9EC-D242-412B-B0F5-35195214A7D0.jpeg
    B1BAF9EC-D242-412B-B0F5-35195214A7D0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 91
b1baf9ec-d242-412b-b0f5-35195214a7d0-jpeg.64336

This is what I actually received, no faceplate or lens.
Send it back, I hate to say it…but that’s not copasetic. Contact North Hollywood Speedometer if they’re still around.

It’s also 3D printed (FDM), and poorly done. Not okay for the price you paid.

Personally I wouldn’t spend too much time on the clock. They never kept good time to begin with. I have the original that still works in my ‘73 and new it would never keep accurate time.

Looking at their website, they specialize in vintage automotive clocks of all kinds. I should have gone with them when I first considered having my clock rebuilt, but I saw the one I bought on flea-bay and cheaped out. That same company now offers that cheap clock with a faceplate and lens for $210. Makes it look nicer online, but it’s still a waste of $ IMHO. Even if it didn’t stop working in the winter months like mine did (garaged car), the summer heat would likely cook the cheap clock insert used. It’s similar to a decorator wall clock mechanism. I doubt summer sun in a closed car-proof. But who knows? Maybe…

If you want AC, companies like Classic Auto Air make nice AC systems for around $2000.
We installed Classic Air A/C on both of our 1973 Mustangs (Mach 1 and Convertible). Both system work perfectly, Highly recommended.

As for the center consoles on both 73 Mustangs, we installed ACP full length center consoles. On one of the Mustangs I did get the battery powered clock, and it did fit in the front as shown in the attached photos. It is easy enough to remove the clock to change the battery without having to remove the entire console. The trim piece for the shifter is removable by itself, which included the part where the clock is mounted to.

Attachments

• IMG_3227.JPG
    IMG_3227.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3228.JPG
    IMG_3228.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
Back