OH MY BOSS !

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pffft. I have a Boss now for 34 years, and she costs me at least that much every year! And of top of that, she nags me all the time...

The only thing that remotely makes sense is if the original engine was no longer available.
That wasn't the case when I sold the car. Lee (didn't tell me the PLAN) & wanted an R code project. Since he knew , what he was going to do - he didn't want to spend $20K (but did want the original VIN stamped block). WHEN I delivered it and he saw the Vin stamped Trans, condition of the parts (I had it vatted, machined and ALL of the Boss parts) HE WAS sorry he didn't pay the $20K and restore as a Boss 351!

This is what happens when communication is about price NOT preservation. I didn't care as I had 5 cars to restore here, sold the drive train and moved on. I guess it is a shame as all original Boss parts, date coded and VIN stamped (by Ford ) are what separates good cars from great cars ! (in value if equally restored)

When I sold it I provided original parts to be cleaned and used ! He didn't clean and it LOOKED bad during the first sale. Since Lee sold (he broke even) ,and it sold again they have redone the interior in repro covers and bezels. I have to admit it looks WAY better than it did 3 years ago. I don't use repro but in the case of BLING for photos and look I get it. (Most don't have the parts, time or ability to use original parts as they are in a hurry to finish to sell or impress the SHOW crowd.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Back