Oh my God!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always let my sons drive all of my cars, I'm not sure if that is a good idea or not. I know they respect them and treat them with care. The only car no one has driven is the Chevelle because it is a manual and they cant drive stick shift and none of them are interested in learning they prefer the automatics.

My daughter in law is anxious for me to complete the Mustang. As she explains it, she appreciates the other cars and respects that they are nice and well restored but she's a Ford girl (her whole family only drives Fords, she drives a 2020 Explorer) and that isn't going to change. I tease her that I do have pics of her posing by a Chevy, lol. She jokingly says her grandfather would be spinning in his grave if he knew. She and my son took a ride down route 66 in the Camaro and took pics with the Gemini Giant at the Launching Pad restaurant on route 66 last summer.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_5009.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5009.jpg
    956.2 KB · Views: 1
I have always let my sons drive all of my cars, I'm not sure if that is a good idea or not. I know they respect them and treat them with care. The only car no one has driven is the Chevelle because it is a manual and they cant drive stick shift and none of them are interested in learning they prefer the automatics.

My daughter in law is anxious for me to complete the Mustang. As she explains it, she appreciates the other cars and respects that they are nice and well restored but she's a Ford girl (her whole family only drives Fords, she drives a 2020 Explorer) and that isn't going to change. I tease her that I do have pics of her posing by a Chevy, lol. She jokingly says her grandfather would be spinning in his grave if he knew. She and my son took a ride down route 66 in the Camaro and took pics with the Gemini Giant at the Launching Pad restaurant on route 66 last summer.
Both sons learned on manual. Another requirement from Dad.

When my son was 16, I took him aside and said..." you're getting to the age of getting your Driver's License soon, how'd you like to have my Mach, I'll get another....." He told me "Nah, that's an old man's car." " Well, what kind of car would you want?" His reply, " a Scion". Good luck with that Son, good luck with that........zzzzzzzzzz

I should have taught them stick when they were teens, but the only stick car I own has 670 HP with a very stiff racing clutch.
I had bought my daughter a gift certificate to have her windows tinted for Christmas. She finally got around to having it done. They asked for her key to pull it in, a few minutes later the younger guy that went out to get it came back in. He had to have her pull it in because he couldn't drive a stick. I think I would have either burnt the clutch out or quit before going back in like that. Supposedly the best anti theft device going right now. LOL

I let my daughter take my car for her high school graduation. I say teach them to drive anything and teach them to respect the vehicle. A very proud moment for me and I wouldn’t change it for anything!

Attachments

• 86EBA867-A9B1-4865-84B2-9E6EABC85248.jpeg
    86EBA867-A9B1-4865-84B2-9E6EABC85248.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
When my son was 16, I took him aside and said..." you're getting to the age of getting your Driver's License soon, how'd you like to have my Mach, I'll get another....." He told me "Nah, that's an old man's car." " Well, what kind of car would you want?" His reply, " a Scion". Good luck with that Son, good luck with that........zzzzzzzzzz
So, what does he drive now? Chuck

I remember when I was 15 and my dad was teaching me to drive in his courier truck with a manual. He told me I was doing 35 in a 25 and needed to slow down. I told him I couldn't slow down, I was in 3rd gear. Duh, downshift son!

When I was 15, my father took me in a VW beetle, parked uphill, and told to take over driving. Had to clutch going uphill: not the easiest thing to teach. Why couldn't he have parked downhill to learn a bit easier?

Back