Oh my nuts!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1, Grabber Blue w/Argent stripes. Original 2V 351C Auto, Tilt, rear defog, Black Comfortweave Interior. Under restoration. Original colors, 4V 351C, 4-Speed, Spoilers, Magnums, Ram Air. All Ford parts.
I was hoping to finish a little more today on the front end, but I couldn't find my nuts.

First, even though I have multiple side marker bezels, I could find none of the quick nuts for those.

Second,  i could not find the speed nuts for the front fender extensions.  Multiple sets of fenders, and a toolbox of original fasteners, but no luck.

Third, the acorn nuts for the hood trim piece.

I figured surely I could find these at the local Westlakes, but they had nothing that matched.

So I got on line and ordered everything I could find on the OMS site, but could find no marker bezel nuts.  If anyone knows where I can find the nuts I need, I am in the search for 4 marker bezel nuts.

Please let me know.  Send me a PM!  I going nuts!!

kcmash

Of course, once I order new stuff and the order is confirmed, the Acorn Nuts for the hood jump off the wall at me, and yes I have 7 originals with paint all over them.

Did you check your wife's purse? That's usually where men's nuts are located...

I know my [lug] nuts were old and unsightly, so I ordered some new nuts to go with the Cragars - but those nuts weren't big enough, so I gave those nuts to a friend and ordered a new set of nuts - he loves his new nuts.  The new nuts showed up - complete with a new nut sack and everything (they shipped via USPS in a bag), but I have apparently lost control of those nuts as well... new nut sack and all.  

So, until I can locate my new nuts, still in the new nut sack as far as I am aware, my old and unsightly nuts continue to get the job done.

I know my [lug] nuts were old and unsightly, so I ordered some new nuts to go with the Cragars - but those nuts weren't big enough, so I gave those nuts to a friend and ordered a new set of nuts - he loves his new nuts.  The new nuts showed up - complete with a new nut sack and everything (they shipped via USPS in a bag), but I have apparently lost control of those nuts as well... new nut sack and all.  

So, until I can locate my new nuts, still in the new nut sack as far as I am aware, my old and unsightly nuts continue to get the job done.
And you go to car shows?! I can't believe you show your old nuts in public.  :p

And you go to car shows?! I can't believe you show your old nuts in public.  :p
I reel 'em in with the shiny paint... then, BLAMMO!!  Look at my old nuts!!  LOOK AT THEM!!!   rofl

I was hoping to finish a little more today on the front end, but I couldn't find my nuts.

First, even though I have multiple side marker bezels, I could find none of the quick nuts for those.

Second,  i could not find the speed nuts for the front fender extensions.  Multiple sets of fenders, and a toolbox of original fasteners, but no luck.

Third, the acorn nuts for the hood trim piece.

I figured surely I could find these at the local Westlakes, but they had nothing that matched.

So I got on line and ordered everything I could find on the OMS site, but could find no marker bezel nuts.  If anyone knows where I can find the nuts I need, I am in the search for 4 marker bezel nuts.

Please let me know.  Send me a PM!  I going nuts!!

kcmash

Of course, once I order new stuff and the order is confirmed, the Acorn Nuts for the hood jump off the wall at me, and yes I have 7 originals with paint all over them.
When shipping your order ... noticed you ordered 2 sets of front fender extension nuts ... sent one set of those does BOTH sides and substituted the marker light nuts for the other set.  Hope this was OK so you are covered on marker lights and fender extensions

Back