oil cap gasket

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 red convertible 351 4 V
The gasket fell apart for the oil cap. I am looking for a new one. I did not find anything at NPD or CJs. I also looked at Rock Auto too. Who sell them ?

John J

The gasket fell apart for the oil cap. I am looking for a new one. I did not find anything at NPD or CJs. I also looked at Rock Auto too. Who sell them ?

John J

John, am on the road for the Memorial Day weekend so I don’t have access to my catalogs and parts locator. But...I remember the part # for that gasket. D94Y-6789-B. Not sure if the after market ever sold that or not. You can try searching Amazon, E-Bay or Google it and see if anyone like Green Sales or NOS Parts shows stock. A lot of times the parts broker Rear Counter.Com will show different parts companies that handle NOS parts that you search by part #.

Good Luck with your search. [emoji594]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

John J

John, am on the road for the Memorial Day weekend so I don’t have access to my catalogs and parts locator. But...I remember the part # for that gasket. D94Y-6789-B. Not sure if the after market ever sold that or not. You can try searching Amazon, E-Bay or Google it and see if anyone like Green Sales or  NOS Parts shows stock. A lot of times the parts broker Rear Counter.Com will show different parts companies that handle NOS parts that you search by part #.

Thanks for the part number. There are quite a few available on eBay. I was looking for one as well :)

+1 with David. I had a sheet of cork gasket material and cut out a new one quite a few years ago. The old one had fallen apart after 25 + yrs....

John J

John, am on the road for the Memorial Day weekend so I don’t have access to my catalogs and parts locator. But...I remember the part # for that gasket. D94Y-6789-B. Not sure if the after market ever sold that or not. You can try searching Amazon, E-Bay or Google it and see if anyone like Green Sales or  NOS Parts shows stock. A lot of times the parts broker Rear Counter.Com will show different parts companies that handle NOS parts that you search by part #.

Thanks for the part number. I ordered a couple from a Ford dealer who had them.

John J

IMG_0337.JPG

John, glad you were able to find some at a Ford dealer. I was going to suggest that if yours was completely destroyed. I could do an outline of one of mine and send to you so you could have an exact size template to make some out of cork material as David and Bill suggested.

Back