Old Yeller made it to the show and back no issues

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Well after all the electrical gremlins and the two bad fuel pumps I got the car running on Friday night. Charged the air and it works great. The tach does not work and no dash lights for some reason. Turn signal flashers work but no back lights in dash. It was all bench tested and all circuits worked and all bulbs.

So up at 6:00 this morning went down started the car and pulled out of the garage. This car has not been on the road for 25 years and I have not driven since I took most of it apart, checked, repaired, cleaned and put back together. It ran fine getting to the show only about 7 miles. The carb is a little rough I will give it some time if not better rebuild. I was the only 71-73 there, lol. A 73 Grande did show up but he did not enter just there to look. Several were interested in the car since it is so original. They judged the cars by MCA rules modified to not include the underside. So I got a second place for my class based on the points system. Drove back home no issue. I did not want to push my luck I did not have a tag for the car just the 1973 vintage tag on the car. I do have insurance. As I pulled to the road to leave a Highway Patrolman went by, lol.

So I will venture out a little farther each trip and fix little things here and there but moving on to another car. This will be my back up car and driver never will be a show car.

Also won one of the drawings, yahoo another tee shirt, lol. I am not going on the pony run tomorrow they are going on the Blue Ridge Parkway to Mount Mitchell highest mountain east of the Rockies.

A few pic attached beautiful day but no shade as usual. Had burgers and dogs off the grill for everyone and got to meet some new mustang freaks.

David, congratulations on receiving a trophy on the first showing of your vert. I know you busted your tail trying to get that car running and there in time to make the show. Looks as though there were some very nice Mustangs there. Also like that horseshoe plaque that is on your windshield! [emoji471] [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats David,

Big accomplishment and must be rewarding. Glad it was dependable for you. Can't wait for you to get on your Mach 1 and get it going. Can't imagine having that car and just letting it sit for 30 years.

Back