OMG! $88,000!!! I've sold 2 convertibles in this color 10 times nicer than this car for $25,000 and $35,000 in the past 8 years !!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Tim. I feel the same way about you. Neither of those two Bright Lime cars were Q codes. I wish they were! They were both H codes. I don't think I have ever seen a Q code Bright Lime convertible, but I would think one is out there. The Holy Grail, IMO, would be a 72 R code vert in Bright Lime. I've seen a couple of Fastbacks, but never a convertible.

Thanks Tim. I feel the same way about you. Neither of those two Bright Lime cars were Q codes. I wish they were! They were both H codes. I don't think I have ever seen a Q code Bright Lime convertible, but I would think one is out there. The Holy Grail, IMO, would be a 72 R code vert in Bright Lime. I've seen a couple of Fastbacks, but never a convertible.
No surprise that the Holy Grail for you would be a Bright Lime, R Code convertible. I let an 72 R Code, Mach 1, in Bright Lime, slip thru my hands about 10-12 years ago. A trucker in Kansas was letting it go due to insufficient use of the car, but I thought he was asking too much. In hindsight, it was a fair price. Ugh.

Wow, when I found my car, I was pretty excited to be getting a 351 C with a stick, rather than the usual 302 with an automatic, but now I feel pretty low on the totem pole with my lowly "H" code, after all these H code comments. :LOL:

Attachments

• 20220706114116752.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 9
Wow, when I found my car, I was pretty excited to be getting a 351 C with a stick, rather than the usual 302 with an automatic, but now I feel pretty low on the totem pole with my lowly "H" code, after all these H code comments. :LOL:

Whatever, Dude. Ain't nothin' wrong with H-Codes. I know with all the go-fast goodies I threw at mine (while keeping the factory 2V heads), I'm pretty sure I could smoke just about any factory-spec engine code offered back in the day, based on output numbers. Whether or not that would be true in a real race is still yet to be determined... although my buddy said he had to 'hammer it' in his '19 5.0 GT just to keep up with me.

Whatever, Dude. Ain't nothin' wrong with H-Codes. I know with all the go-fast goodies I threw at mine (while keeping the factory 2V heads), I'm pretty sure I could smoke just about any factory-spec engine code offered back in the day, based on output numbers. Whether or not that would be true in a real race is still yet to be determined... although my buddy said he had to 'hammer it' in his '19 5.0 GT just to keep up with me.
I feel better now,;) I plan a few mods as well. Funny thing is, stock 2V heads have almost the same size valves as "performance" Chevy heads, 2.05/1.65 intake valve is actually slightly bigger. The 383 SBC in my 57 Nomad is making about 450 HP with those 2.02/1.65, so yeah, I agree with you Mister 4X4 "Dude" , It was a joke btw, hence the smiley face

Oh, I totally got the gist - I was just piling on. Sorry - I should've put a smiley on mine as well, but the network here at work has been flaky all day - I was lucky to actually get my reply posted. But now you need to share pics of the Nomad (VERY Cool, BTW) along with more pics of the 'vert. I came to this site as a rabid Mach 1 fan, but I've grown to love the 'verts even more thanks to all the cool cars I've seen here.

Oh, I totally got the gist - I was just piling on. Sorry - I should've put a smiley on mine as well, but the network here at work has been flaky all day - I was lucky to actually get my reply posted. But now you need to share pics of the Nomad (VERY Cool, BTW) along with more pics of the 'vert. I came to this site as a rabid Mach 1 fan, but I've grown to love the 'verts even more thanks to all the cool cars I've seen here.
OK, I really should be working, but here is a pic of the Nomad

Attachments

• IMG_3358.JPG
    IMG_3358.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
It used to have a twin, but I sold the Bel Air

See Mister 4 X $ I like silver too ! I used to have a Pewter 71 Mach as well as a bunch of other 71--73 Machs and Sports roofs, and one 73 Grande, back from 76-82, but I never had a convertible. I finally had to scratch that itch 45 years later, LOL

Attachments

• IMG_6297.JPG
    IMG_6297.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 7
VERY Nice!!! I am totally non-denominational when it comes to cool cars, and those Tri-5s are gorgeous! I have an extensive list of cool cars I would love to have, and would need a Jay Leno-sized garage with a multi-million $$ budget to get complete relief for my itchiness.

1982 is about when I fell in love with a Grabber Yellow '71 Mach 1 owned by one of my Mom's friends (H-Code, ginger interior, no stripes or spoilers w/sport caps). Only took me 28 years to finally get one of my own - but did it the hard way, pretty much all by myself. My avatar to the left is what I started with in 2010, and the sig pic below is what came out the other end in 2014.

VERY Nice!!! I am totally non-denominational when it comes to cool cars, and those Tri-5s are gorgeous! I have an extensive list of cool cars I would love to have, and would need a Jay Leno-sized garage with a multi-million $$ budget to get complete relief for my itchiness.

1982 is about when I fell in love with a Grabber Yellow '71 Mach 1 owned by one of my Mom's friends (H-Code, ginger interior, no stripes or spoilers w/sport caps). Only took me 28 years to finally get one of my own - but did it the hard way, pretty much all by myself. My avatar to the left is what I started with in 2010, and the sig pic below is what came out the other end in 2014.
Me too , I love any cool car, foreign or domestic. So my story of 71-73's is long Eric, but suffice to say, my first was my best and last in many ways, with a bunch of others sprinkled in between. I bought my first one, the 73 Sportsroof 302/c4 in 1976 when I was 19, It became known around town for it's good looks, and other guys always wanted it, so then I started buying them with stuff wrong with them, and fixing them up and selling them to friends, neighbors and acquaintances. Ended up wanting a 69 Corvette 427 tri power convertible, so my Dad bought the 73 from me, then we traded back for awhile and he drove the Vette back and forth to work. This is the short version, LOL BTW, I'm pretty sure my new 72 Vert is the same color as my 73 Sportsroof was, but I don't have any way to verify that now, because I don't think I have any documentation from that car. 1657149432680.png

Last edited:
Last post I promise. I bought this 72 vert off of a family in Mississippi just over the Tennessee line near Memphis. It took awhile for me to get it inspected, as I am in my busy season, so I couldn't go look at it. I found a gentleman named Kevin, who runs a company called Art & Speed, and he said if you don't buy it, I will, so I bought it. So she is sitting at Art and Speed now getting buffed and polished on what very well be the original paint, and putting the tires back on the stock rims with the decor package (Mach 1) hub caps and beauty rings. . The cool thing is she was sold new about thirty miles north of us in Massachusetts, and yet somehow ended up down south with supposedly only about 28,000 miles on her. I bought it off a guy who got it from the estate for cheap money and flipped it to me for a big profit. All the pics I have are from him.

H code heads are better on the street. They run on regular fuel and the 73 and later heads have induction hardened valve seats for unleaded fuel.

Q code is more important when discussing values. Looks like you have a nice-looking car in nice colors with the decor option. Also, your possible original condition rules in my book. I would keep it as stock as possible, but to each their own. 72's are better looking and more desirable than 73's. I've never needed more power than an H code. I think 3 speeds might be rarer also.

The conventional thinking is that there are 3 levels of classic Mustang:
1. Restored with dates/numbers matching.
2. Resto Mod
3. Tribute car

I think a 4th level might be "OEM Mod". I.E. building a Mustang with the best OEM parts for it's intended function. When Shelby created the GT 350, he raided the Ford parts bins first. This is the same concept
Any thoughts?

BTW, the 3 speed TopLoader transmission is commonly rated at 450HP.

Latest posts

Back