One last wire

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

blkulis

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang Convertible
I have one last yellow alternator wire that I need help with. My Mustang lost (or should I say my sister lost) almost every original part over the years. (could also be blamed on my drunken college days in Dallas!!!!) In the alternator picture, the yellow wire plugs to a silver object that looks like a condensor or something. What is that thing called and where can I buy it???? I have seen photo's where this is attached below the voltage regulator.

(picture courtesy of 429 Mustang site).

alternatorwiring.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1 Q code C6 tranny
I have one last yellow alternator wire that I need help with. My Mustang lost (or should I say my sister lost) almost every original part over the years. (could also be blamed on my drunken college days in Dallas!!!!) In the alternator picture, the yellow wire plugs to a silver object that looks like a condensor or something. What is that thing called and where can I buy it???? I have seen photo's where this is attached below the voltage regulator.

(picture courtesy of 429 Mustang site).
It's a Noise suppression capacitor. I'll check around for a source but Ford might still have these.

-jbojo

Don at OMS may have them so I'd give him a call first. If not you can get one here:

http://johnsmustang.com/Noise-Suppressor-Capacitor-65-73-Mustang-Repro

Last edited by a moderator:

midlife

Shorts checker
Reaction score
My Car
No Mustangs at the moment.
I have a couple used radio noise suppression capacitors in good shape. PM me if you want one.

midlife

Shorts checker
Reaction score
My Car
No Mustangs at the moment.
Don't have any idea about the farad rating. Ford kept that a deep dark secret!

JimNiki

Schmuck
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
Just put a multimeter onto it in capacitance setting. Any half decent multimeter has this ability.