One owner 1971 Mach 1...Part 2?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, I think that last one look a little botched for a $10k car. It's missing interior & exterior trim pieces plus has incorrect trim, butchered gauge pod (which happens to be the rarer Boss style type) and radio face plate. These are just a few things that stand out from two pics...who knows what else would turn up. Good job though in posting comparisons for happy to consider.

Personally I still like the one he found the best. Those original, well cared for cars are my favorites - even more so than nicely restored cars.
Hello Don; I am relatively "New" to ownership of my 73 Mach 1, as a result of my eye is Faaaar from being as well trained & discerning as yours & many others on this forum. I'm a HUGE FAN of "3 Pedal Cars", as I feel "4 Speed" Muscle cars will ( In My Opinion ) ALWAYS appreciate & be Far More coveted than automatics, thus my attraction & feeling this example had more potential, especially at a price $5,000.00 LOWER than the original owner car at $15,000.00 & seemingly an owner NOT willing to budge on his ( In My Opinion) Over-Inflated price...But as time has proven...Over & Over ad infinitum ..." A car is worth what someone is willing to pay".....Best Regards, Mark

That 73 fro $10k says 4spd but it clearly has an auto shifter.
STUPID Craigslist!!!...You are correct!!!...I viewed the ad with a magnifying glass..and Sure Enough...only "2" pedals!!!...I'm going to contact the owner & raise some SH*T!!!...Mark

Appreciate the links!!

Today's the day I'll hopefully start up this beast and make a deal. I'm dropping by late afternoon today with a battery and jump starter.

That better be all it needs! (LOL)

These big bodied mustangs (especially Mach's) have really grown on me!

Might want to copy & print out those other "For Sale" Mach1s & use them as "Comps" to show the seller, what else is available & at what price...PLUS $100.00 BILLS have a way of "Talking" that us humans don't!!!....I bring a checklist of ALL components to be tested. Start at the top, & "Work my way down"....for myself, it's difficult to remember EVERYTHING that needs to be checked. For example, putting the transmission in reverse to see if , the backup lights works... sliding the passenger seat back & forth to test for "smoothness", etc, etc,....Don't forget to bring...."Your Poker Face"!!!....Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, bad news...

The owner magically no longer wants to sell.

I'm more frustrated that he wasted my time rather than me not ending up with the car; absolutely ridiculous.

Such an uneventful and disappointing end to this little adventure :(

Appreciate the links!!

Today's the day I'll hopefully start up this beast and make a deal. I'm dropping by late afternoon today with a battery and jump starter.

That better be all it needs! (LOL)

These big bodied mustangs (especially Mach's) have really grown on me!
Keep us updated. I hope it went well.

well there are several others to choose from in your price range according to all the CL ad's posted

Well, bad news...

I'm more frustrated that he wasted my time rather than me not ending up with the car; absolutely ridiculous.

Don't feel bad Happy!!!....At LEAST you haven't taken LOOOOOOONG plane rides to inspect a car/s as I have done numerous times only to find out "In Person" I had been LIED too & the car/s completely misrepresented.

You only wasted a 1/2 gallon of gas & a few hours. That owner is going to be sitting on that car till "Hell Freezes over"....Mark

Well, bad news...

Sorry. We must have posted about the same time. Did you even get to hear her run? There is a reason these old geezers hold in to these cars. For my dad, he was hoping for a retirement father/son restoration project.

He actually waited to long as I would never be able to sell her for the $$ I've put into it, but hey I've have a sentimental attachment to mine (brought me home from hospital when born, my first car, I was in the car the first time I got la....) well you get the point. ;)

You'll find yours. I am amazed how many I find for sell everyday. Good luck on the search and keep us posted.

Did he change his mind before you showed up or once it was started?

Never even got to hear the sucker fire up, knocked on the guys door and he just told me he doesn't want to sell it anymore. The end!

Go figure.

Oh and I definitely burned more than half a gallon of gas with my gas guzzling monster lol. Especially considering the distance I had to drive and how many times I went there!

Oh well, on to the next one.

Here's ANOTHER "1" "Happy"!!!....Don't forget my 10% "Finder's Fee"...Mark

http://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/4065364139.html
Very nice car, may be even better than the one that was originally posted.

Hope he takes a look if its not too far for him, my guess is the original poster is pretty bumed about what just happened and needs a couple of days to get back in the saddle.

Never even got to hear the sucker fire up, knocked on the guys door and he just told me he doesn't want to sell it anymore. The end!

Go figure.

Oh and I definitely burned more than half a gallon of gas with my gas guzzling monster lol. Especially considering the distance I had to drive and how many times I went there!

Oh well, on to the next one.
That sucks! At least you didn't get it running for him for free like I did once where after hearing the rumbling blurby sound the owner said "Sounds good. I think I want to keep it - not for sale any more."

Don!, Don!, Don!....Whilst you were under the hood you should have rearranged some plug wires...THEN get it running, Poping & Backfiring & running like SH*T!!!...then Really "Low Ball" the guy....Mark

Don!, Don!, Don!....Whilst you were under the hood you should have rearranged some plug wires...THEN get it running, Poping & Backfiring & running like SH*T!!!...then Really "Low Ball" the guy....Mark
:goodone:

Ahahaha - I'll remember that if I wind up dealing with a real snake of a seller :p

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow - really - that's just sad

Back