Outrageous price for a 73 Tribute

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible (Mach I Tribute)
I first thought a scam. They found the dealer in California.

List the price at $50,000 and wow....look at the pics and really nothing over the top and not even a description about the car. Go to his website and the car is listed at $40,000 with no description.

How in the world this dealer is still in business is beyond me.

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang convertible, 351C 2V with FMX (#'s matching)
Currently equipped with 351C 4V 4BM, .060 over, roller cam, Sanderson block huggers, -AC
I first thought a scam. They found the dealer in California.

List the price at $50,000 and wow....look at the pics and really nothing over the top and not even a description about the car. Go to his website and the car is listed at $40,000 with no description.

How in the world this dealer is still in business is beyond me.

I wonder if they'll throw in that wooden "parking brake assist" for free. 🤔

RIBS

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Grabber Blue 302 C4 Convertible
I wonder how much my Sprint Tribute will be worth once I finish since a real one sold for $65k last year! Maybe I can get $62!!! 🤪 if so, then I can retire!!! LOL

Seriously though, that’s more like a $20-30k car….parking brake bad, glove box door not adjusted. I wonder what it’s really like up close….

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 M code 351 4 speed
Prices for classic cars have been rinsing exponentially over the last year. I look at eBay almost every day, and the stuff I see seems to be ridiculous, but these people eventually sell these cars. I doubt they will get 50K for that one, but don't be too surprised if they sell it for $45K or so.

Reaction score
My Car
My all time favorite vehicle is our 1969 Shelby GT500
To get $50k from me they would need to have it in absolutely concours condition and with all kinds of original options, like power windows, air conditioning, 351 4v and auto tranny, and absolutely no rust anywhere, not even minor surface rust. Undercarriage would also have to be perfect with no undercoating to mask potential rust area.

I just read the details in the ad. Too many little custom items for my tastes. This may be a fine vehicle, with some special changes. But I do not feel all the changes warrant a $50k, In fact,, some of the alterations I do not see as enhancements, and would even cause me to reduce an offer, if an offer even to be made. The vehicle is just a little on the "goofy" side for me. And no factory power windows... It will be a nice car for someone, just not me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Personally, for the sake of a contrary opinion on this, I "would like to see" the values of cars like this to rise to 60-80k. Much of the market has risen dramatically...look at the early Broncos. I, for one, hope that happens to the 71-73 Mustangs. One thing is sure, as I've been closely following the #'s for years, a 25k Mustang from 5 years ago would sell, eventually, (to someone) for 35k today. The 35k Mustangs (from 5 yrs back) can bring 40-50k now, if sold correctly. Demand is rising.

Ron Tanzi

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang Mach 1 bright red, standard black interior,pb,ps
gauge package.rim blow steering wheel,15" magnum 500s,351 C 2bbl running a 4bbl Holley 600,MSD 6a with stock distributor and Pertronix,Comp cam mild grind, The Engine(rebuilt by me in 2002 for the second time the first rebuild I did was stock in 1995) made 305hp and 358 lb ft on the dyno. 9" 2.75 rear end,Global west sub frame connectors,620 front coils.Rear defroster. My parents bought my car brand new the year before I was born. I cherish it like my child.
I would not touch it. Total hack show.

Ron

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 M code 351 4 speed
Here's a better one a 73 "restomod convertible" $65,000. Original H code car. Only thing that makes it a restomod is that it has a stroker kit, and FiTech fuel injection kit, and some 17" or 18" wheels...