Outrageous price for a 73 Tribute

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible (Mach I Tribute)
I first thought a scam. They found the dealer in California.

List the price at $50,000 and wow....look at the pics and really nothing over the top and not even a description about the car. Go to his website and the car is listed at $40,000 with no description.

How in the world this dealer is still in business is beyond me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325169767857?hash=item4bb5a0e5b1:g:SJEAAOSwnC5ibNxp&vxp=mtr
I wonder if they'll throw in that wooden "parking brake assist" for free. 🤔

I wonder how much my Sprint Tribute will be worth once I finish since a real one sold for $65k last year! Maybe I can get $62!!! 🤪 if so, then I can retire!!! LOL

Seriously though, that’s more like a $20-30k car….parking brake bad, glove box door not adjusted. I wonder what it’s really like up close….

Prices for classic cars have been rinsing exponentially over the last year. I look at eBay almost every day, and the stuff I see seems to be ridiculous, but these people eventually sell these cars. I doubt they will get 50K for that one, but don't be too surprised if they sell it for $45K or so.

To get $50k from me they would need to have it in absolutely concours condition and with all kinds of original options, like power windows, air conditioning, 351 4v and auto tranny, and absolutely no rust anywhere, not even minor surface rust. Undercarriage would also have to be perfect with no undercoating to mask potential rust area.

I just read the details in the ad. Too many little custom items for my tastes. This may be a fine vehicle, with some special changes. But I do not feel all the changes warrant a $50k, In fact,, some of the alterations I do not see as enhancements, and would even cause me to reduce an offer, if an offer even to be made. The vehicle is just a little on the "goofy" side for me. And no factory power windows... It will be a nice car for someone, just not me.

Last edited:
Personally, for the sake of a contrary opinion on this, I "would like to see" the values of cars like this to rise to 60-80k. Much of the market has risen dramatically...look at the early Broncos. I, for one, hope that happens to the 71-73 Mustangs. One thing is sure, as I've been closely following the #'s for years, a 25k Mustang from 5 years ago would sell, eventually, (to someone) for 35k today. The 35k Mustangs (from 5 yrs back) can bring 40-50k now, if sold correctly. Demand is rising.

Back