Overhaulin' is Back!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
2011 Mustang GT
Not sure how many Chip Foose fans there are out there, but they are doing another run of Overhaulin' this fall on Velocity! I personally can't wait :D

By far my favorite car building show of all time!

I may just turn Velocity on now and watch until the first new episode airs ;)

Awesome! My favorite was the yellow Bronco build. It looked like they left it stock but it wasn't. All the custom touches look like it came from the factory that way. It's on YouTube or somewhere.

I don't like the lameness of the carnap premiss, but in general I like the show. I kinda like spikes version, search and restore, cause the surprise is, Hi we're here to fix your car.
I love Search and Restore. Overhaulin' does cool stuff, but I heard a lot of bad things about the quality of work on MOST of the rebuild shows (not sure if Overhaulin' is guilty or not). Search and Restore seems to take their time and do it right, and it's much more detailed.

Wheeler dealers is more to my liking. Too bad they put the selling/profit spin on it. Just fix up old cars and call it good.

Toward the end of the first run, Overhaulin' did change the deal a bit, they still pretended as if the cars were stolen, but told the people shortly after rather than drag them through the mud for a week. The people just weren't allowed to see it till it was done. Never watched search and restore. Wheeler Dealers is a neat show because they do some pretty obscure cars, but there's quite a few short cuts taken on those builds if you know what you're looking at because the whole idea is to quickly turn a profit.

Its good timing for chip to do this...He is a good air brusher and every time we see a two tone paint job on a hot rod we call them a chip foose edition..lol...I had to addmit the stealing part is tuff...But the endings allways worth it....When they stole John Forces old school bus... it showed how good of a guy John Force is....Him saying to the cops if they just kids..He didnt want them thrown in jail over his old bus..Not many would do that.

Bit off topic...But it made me even more of a fan of his after hearing that....I was at drag strip...there was swarms of people tring to get at john force...Me and a freind got up there..And john pulled my freind in for a picture ..and my freinds camera messed up!! people all around waiting...camera wouldnt work....john force looks at me and says..take your time...Make sure you get a good picture...with a big smile......He sat there and signed and took pictures with everyone!! No other driver did that like him there...Even ashly stayed out signing stuff longer than any other drivers.

Wheeler dealers is more to my liking. Too bad they put the selling/profit spin on it. Just fix up old cars and call it good.
I agree with you on Wheeler Dealers. They do things more like the average guy would. I really like the Velocity channel. It is my favorite.

I'm glad Overhauling is coming back, the reruns are getting old!

I like the Wheeler Dealers show, but it is obvious they are flipping the cars to make money. I would do more detailing when taking the parts off, they just make the repair and put the dirty/grimy part back on!

I haven't heard of Search and Restore either. What network is it on?

Great to hear Overhaulin is coming back. I must admit like the earlier post about the the reruns becoming old is true. Wheelers Dealers is good evening entertainment as well. Like to see what they are doing with the "spanners." Cracks me up every time I see the mechanic get into one of those little ity bitty cars or a convertable. The guy looks like he is well over six feet tall and just cannot make it work. The convertables are hilarious when he is wearing goggles over the top of the "wind screen."

Search and Restore is a neat concept, they just need to do more of them. I think they have done 3 cars to date since the show launched, Chevy II, 67' Mustang, Chevy pickup. Alan who is working on my 72' right now contributed on 2 of the the builds and has shared alot of behind the scenes information with me. He made it sound like the production was alot of fun, but not alot of hardwork by everyone. He commented on the 67' build that he and another guy from his shop would go in early to get work done without the cameras running and everyone getting in the way or goofing around. That was their most productive time of the day.

Any shows that I can find on TV to feed the car need are worth it for me.

My Classic Car, Chop Cut Rebuild, Two Guys Garage, Powerblock on Spike, Chasing Classic Cars, etc. etc. all get DVR time in my house.

Back