Paint progress on the Mach 1 with pics

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfdavid

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
400, race cam, pistons, rocker arms, ignition, heck, basically everything is race modified
Ok, so several of y'all already saw my hood (I'll repost again)

482E2E2A.jpg

That was a few weeks ago. Now they have laid some paint on the car. They still have a lot more to do, but it is nice to see it progressing

E1856FE7.jpg

Now, the funny pic. I bought a hot wheels style Mach 1 to have to put on my dash along with my Gene Simmons Kiss Demon bobble head. I took a pic of the toy car on a marble countertop and posted it on Facebook pretending to have gotten the car back already. I got more comments of how beautiful, outstanding, what great work, etc... Funny as all get out, but I eventually clued them in

F6298988.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that color. The hood looks great! My car is also in the paint shop but has not progressed to the point of them actually painting anything yet.

I love the color! Looks like you have some work to do once it gets painted but for what ever reason I know from experience it is 'more fun' to work on a car that has a fresh paint job. You walk out to work on it and just go 'WOW' this looks good, I really want to get it on the road....

That looks very good! I imagine your motivation level got a bump up. Chuck

I love the color! Looks like you have some work to do once it gets painted but for what ever reason I know from experience it is 'more fun' to work on a car that has a fresh paint job. You walk out to work on it and just go 'WOW' this looks good, I really want to get it on the road....
There won't be Much work I need to do. The wholei interior is out because they're replacing the floor pans. But I brought it to them with the interior mint and they promise it will be back the same way.

Back