Paint Protection Film anyone?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been toying with the idea. For myself, I would only do the hood, frontal area, and front fenders. If you have the whole car it can get pretty pricey, around $5000. Xpel is a good brand of wrap that can self heal if it’s damaged.

I have done this and it does a great job of protecting the paint. If done properly, you would be hard pressed to notice it. That being said stripes and decals are a problem, you either need to put the PPF around them or do them separately, otherwise you get an air gap where the paint transitions to the decal.

I have done this and it does a great job of protecting the paint. If done properly, you would be hard pressed to notice it. That being said stripes and decals are a problem, you either need to put the PPF around them or do them separately, otherwise you get an air gap where the paint transitions to the decal.
What about waxing the car and keeping a shine?

we installed a clear bra on my wife's 2011 Durango when we purchased it. It has held up OK to date, and does show some areas where it took some pretty hard stone chips that did not make it to the paint. With 200K miles on the car I am thinking about pulling it off and just running without it as the car has very little value left in it. I think it is a great idea to protect your paint. Not sure how it would be factored in car showing. I know MCA does not like it in stock judging, but in modified judging as you have a custom paint job you should be fine. If you choose to do it let us know how it goes.

Back