Painting new steering wheel pad?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 H code fastback Boss 351 clone
I have a 3 spoke ginger steering wheel. The center pad is lackluster and I want to replace it. The re-pops only come in black. Should I dye or paint the re-pop? Which color? They have a medium and dark ginger soft plastics paint at NPD. Which color is the right one for a ginger interior? Any Help would be greatly appreciated!!

Yes,definately, paint the center pad to be as it was supposed to be. I just installed a new pad on my two-spoke steering wheel, it comes in black only, I sprayed it ginger. It looks great. if you're not sure of which shade of ginger to use, start off with the Medium Ginger, if it's not dark enough after giving the pad a few good coats, go ahead and apply a coat of the darker color. We're only talking about two cans of spray paint, right? Food for thought here.....my insurance company balked at what I valued my car's total replacement cost on my car ( my value seemed too high to them at first........) until I sent them photos of my pristene original looking interior, and under hood photos, along with exterior shots of a "straight", unmodified, well kept car, then , they met my replacement cost.
So, it pays to keep your car as original and fresh( looking anyway ) , as possible.

Last edited:
Back