Park Brake Light

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
70 Maverick Grabber w/351W & Toploader
71 Mach 1 w/ 429 & T56
Hi Guys...

I'm adding the "convenience" group to my 71.  Does anyone know what the size of the hole is for the "park brake" light?  I have to cut this as well as the defrost switch holes into my IP.  Also, does anyone know where you can still get those Park Brake Light asms?  I'm specifically talking about the lens asm that goes into the dash, but if anyone sells "kits" that include the switch and harness too, I'd rather get all.  

Marc

I can get you dimensions later today but I think anyone on here with them needs them, lol. I have 7 cars with convenience group. I need the chrome around one.

The light in the center upper part of dash is the other hard to find expensive part of the CG.

Your seat frames have to change also. The seat back release cannot be added to non CG car. There are also 4 spacers that go on the seat tracks to lift seat to allow wires to pass. You will probably have to change the wire harness also. Not just a plug and play for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your seat frames have to change also. The seat back release cannot be added to non CG car. There are also 4 spacers that go on the seat tracks to lift seat to allow wires to pass. You will probably have to change the wire harness also. Not just a plug and play for sure.
The convenience group has a separate harness that plugs into the main underdash harness; you simply have to find one but you won't need to change the wiring harness to get it to work.

The convenience group has a separate harness that plugs into the main underdash harness; you simply have to find one but you won't need to change the wiring harness to get it to work.
Thanks for the tip.  I think I'll be building myself a custom wiring harness from scratch since my original had a ton of splices in it.  Whoever owned the car before definitely was a hack.  What was the harness for that went to the seats?

I can get you dimensions later today but I think anyone on here with them needs them, lol. I have 7 cars with convenience group. I need the chrome around one.

The light in the center upper part of dash is the other hard to find expensive part of the CG.

Hi Dave - yeah I appreciate that if you could look and get a measurement (I'm looking for the diameter for the hole in the dash mores than the light, but I'll take either.  I've been delaying cutting that particular hole in my dash until I get something a little more definitive.  If I can't locate an original light, I'll end up putting in a custom that's close.

Back