Parking brake cables

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaheenk

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Grande Coupe
HI Guys, 

So while fitting my new parking brake kit this weekend that I got from MustangsUnlimited, I noticed that the "complete kit" is not as complete as its meant to be .

The issue I face is , drivers side (LHS) parking brake cable supplied is a short piece which runs from the drum to just after the leaf spring on the chassis, this is where I find I am missing the cable that runs from there to the front bracket which is attached to the cable from the pedal. 

Any idea on what this "intermediate" cable is called or if anyone has a pic and length for one ,I can get it made locally with the right dimensions.

Thanks

HI Guys, 

So while fitting my new parking brake kit this weekend that I got from MustangsUnlimited, I noticed that the "complete kit" is not as complete as its meant to be .

The issue I face is , drivers side (LHS) parking brake cable supplied is a short piece which runs from the drum to just after the leaf spring on the chassis, this is where I find I am missing the cable that runs from there to the front bracket which is attached to the cable from the pedal. 

Any idea on what this "intermediate" cable is called or if anyone has a pic and length for one ,I can get it made locally with the right dimensions.

Thanks

Normally the passenger side cable is the long one, it goes from the passenger side parking brake cable housing mount near the passenger leaf spring towards the front of the car, then goes 90 towards the drivers side through a heavy steel round hook, then again turns 90 degrees towards the rear of the car, passing through the shoe that is mounted to the cable that connects to the parking brake pedal.  From there it extends to the drivers side cable and connects with a coupler near the drivers side rear leaf.

The (42" ?) long cable runs from the connector on the drivers side brake cable to the equalizer on the parking brake front pedal cable to the hooked bar on the front passenger side (there is a bracket on the passenger side floor pan for the other end of the hook bar) then to the passenger side brake. See the diagram.

You should have received the cable below in the kit....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back