Part name and where to buy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
I have tried NPD, CJ Pony, Macs and Ohio Mustang and cannot find what i am looking for. I have gone through the air cleaner section and still no joy.

I am looking for the rubber grommet that fits in the side of the air cleaner and also the rubber pipe and the bit at the other end of the pipe. Circled in picture

I am also looking for the plastic piece that fits on the end

AIR.png

Silver part is "inlet snorkel vacuum motor. Rubber line is just vacuum hose. You also appear to be missing the heat riser tube from exhaust manifold that attaches just under the vacuum motor.

Steve - that hose and related fitting on breather base assembly is for the PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) tube.

pcv .JPG

Here is one a later model 302 Ford engine:

pcv later model engine.JPG

Ray

pcv 351 2v.JPG

http://www2.cougarpartscatalog.com/100022628.html - preheater hose

Not having much luck on the vacuum motor. I will take a look at mine tonight and see if it is functional. It will be date coded '73 if there is a date code on it. I will take some pics and let you know if it works. If it does I will send it to you for the cost of shipping.

Well unfortunately the vac diaphragm in mine is shot. Tried to suck air through vac hose to test and just got air and no movement of the flapper.

Your box is around the elbow that attached the PCV hose from the valve cover to the air cleaner housing. Here is a picture of the elbow. I di not have a picture of the metal clip that retains it to the housing. It is a large metal clip with a U shape recessed into it to retain the elbow in the housing.

air cleaner elbow.jpg

Steve, If you're still looking for the parts on the air cleaner, here are some picture of my air cleaner parts.

These were common on Chrysler air cleaners as well. You may be able to find them listed for Chrysler V8's. The Ford shells were made in the US, but the snorkels and vacuum motors were made in Canada. The same snorkel was used on Chrysler V8 a/c's as well, except welded on. The temp sensor ( square thing inside element) was a Ford only item if I remember, Chrysler's was round.

I just wish that when I was laid off from my prototype job in '89, I'd grabbed a load of these pieces as they all got scrapped when the changeover to plastic air cleaners came in. Now I need some of this stuff as well. Hind sight, hind sight!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure I have the plastic fitting

I have this vac pod

001.JPG

002.JPG

Back