Part Name help

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
The hose on my car that is "U" shaped that runs from the water pump to the block is fitted with a wrong hose. At the bend the hose is squeezed in which is restricting the water flow.

I need to replace the hose but not sure what it is called. Can anyone help with the correct hose for my 2V 351C

Do you have a picture, by any chance?

I don't believe there should be a U-shaped hose going from the water pump into the block or even intake manifold, since the water pump pushes coolant through a passage into the block by direct contact on the passenger side.

The small hose outlet on the water pump should go to one side of the heater core, and small hose outlet on the engine block near the water pump should go to the other side of the heater core. The thermostat housing should have the radiator's upper hose connected, and the lower radiator hose should go to the bottom inlet of the water pump.

Aftermarket water pumps (351 Cleveland and Modified engines) are the same, and there might be an 'extra' small hose port on the pump, which I believe goes to a temperature-controller vacuum switch/tree (for controlling things like factory Ram Air, etc.). Mine is blocked off.

Pictures would be helpful. :cool:

Is it by passing the heater core?

The hose on my car that is "U" shaped that runs from the water pump to the block is fitted with a wrong hose. At the bend the hose is squeezed in which is restricting the water flow.

I need to replace the hose but not sure what it is called. Can anyone help with the correct hose for my 2V 351C

I think Tim nailed it....sounds like someone has bypassed the heater core.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think Tim nailed it....sounds like someone has bypassed the heater core.
OK - sure... give Tim all the credit. I pretty much said the same thing. :whistling:

rofl

OK - sure... give Tim all the credit. I pretty much said the same thing. :whistling:

rofl
Indeed! You covered every possible inlet/outlet and what should be attached. Well done!:bravo:
Pffft! Whatever. You already gave it to Tim. ::tease::

Oh yeah - Hey Pegleg:

:worthlesswithoutpics:

lollerz

Sorry for lack of pics. Thank You all for your help. The engine is out and now stripped down. Will post pics when i can. Seeing as the A/C is removed and hoses to heater cut off at firewall i have my work cut out when everything goes back together. I got a full set of hoses coming from Marti autoworks and will be asking for help when the time comes to re-assemble

Back