• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parting out 1972 Mustang Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72' Mach 1

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach 1 H-code original paint
Hi Everyone I am new to these forums. I am parting out a 1972 Mach 1 Q-code 4 speed. 

Yes I am using the drivetrain, sorry (The reason I bought the car). As well as the rear trunk, spoiler and steering box, clutch linkage.

It is a complete car (minus power steeing pump), power brakes, power steering, no console or fold down seat. Idiot light dash, no a/c.

Still has staggered shocks and rear sway bar. It has no console but I have the plastic ash tray piece that goes around the shifter. Disc brake spindles will be available once I swap them off. I need to keep the car rolling.

I am willing to let go of the driver fender and doors for cheap (glass is included, still installed). Each bottom corner of the doors has some slight bubbling. Bottom lip feels solid but I am unsure what is under the paint. I realize it is a risk so make an offer if interested. Same goes for driver fender. The passenger fender and hood are toast but I have a good passenger fender down to bare metal with zero rust. The only flaw is  that there are a series of holes about ten inches in length drilled into it I am assuming for a dent puller. That can easily be glassed over, again no rust and hole for antenna is untouched. I am asking $250 for that fender

I also have a pretty good original driver rear quarter down to bare metal with minimum rust. It will take some work to make perfect but nothing beats an original piece. I am asking $250 for that as well.

Quick question, did the consoles differ for an automatic and 4-speed?

Let me know what you need and I can send you pictures to your email. I am unsure on how to send pictures on here. Then we can talk price. I will ship out smaller items but larger items such as sheet metal or bucket seats I prefer local pick-up or you can send someone. I am located in Buffalo, NY. Thanks for looking.

Hi Everyone I am new to these forums. I am parting out a 1972 Mach 1 Q-code 4 speed. 

Yes I am using the drivetrain, sorry (The reason I bought the car). As well as the rear trunk, spoiler and steering box, clutch linkage.

It is a complete car (minus power steeing pump), power brakes, power steering, no console or fold down seat. Idiot light dash, no a/c.

Still has staggered shocks and rear sway bar. It has no console but I have the plastic ash tray piece that goes around the shifter. Disc brake spindles will be available once I swap them off. I need to keep the car rolling.

I am willing to let go of the driver fender and doors for cheap (glass is included, still installed). Each bottom corner of the doors has some slight bubbling. Bottom lip feels solid but I am unsure what is under the paint. I realize it is a risk so make an offer if interested. Same goes for driver fender. The passenger fender and hood are toast but I have a good passenger fender down to bare metal with zero rust. The only flaw is  that there are a series of holes about ten inches in length drilled into it I am assuming for a dent puller. That can easily be glassed over, again no rust and hole for antenna is untouched. I am asking $250 for that fender

I also have a pretty good original driver rear quarter down to bare metal with minimum rust. It will take some work to make perfect but nothing beats an original piece. I am asking $250 for that as well.

Let me know what you need and I can send you pictures to your email. I am unsure on how to send pictures on here. Then we can talk price. I will ship out smaller items but larger items such as sheet metal or bucket seats I prefer local pick-up or you can send someone. I am located in Buffalo, NY. Thanks for looking.
Ok now I see, missed that in your other post, sorry. 

Sounds like a good score!

Geoff.

PS, We LOVE pictures!! please post some soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Do you have "A" pillar covers?

Let me know what you need and I can send you pictures to your email. I am unsure on how to send 
Do you have "A" pillar covers??

I need the fasten sest belt lens, tan (ginger) seat belts. Trunk lid.

Thanks,

Rob

I'm looking for the trunk lid torsion rods, are they available?

I need a hood latch support/grill support and extension. Maybe the hood latch as well.

You asked the question about the console being same from manual to automatic. The console is the same but if you have a manual 3 or 4 speed there was a plastic plate that went around the shifter boot to cover up the hole. It is available as a repo. There was actually two different versions of the cover one for the short console and one for the long.

On consoles the Cougar is the same just has a light in the ash try. My 73 Mach 1 had a Cougar wire harness in it from the factory. 

Lost lot of pics in computer crash or I would post a pic of the plastic plate.

Looking for drivers side fender with no rust

Hi, I'm looking for a console, gauge set with tach and small gauges in middle of dash.

Let me know if you have any of these

Thank you

I'm interested in the rear valance, front urethane bumper and a rear side marking light. What kind of prices you looking for? Pics please also.

Back